What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I finally have something worthwhile to put on here..... Rotisserie Herbed Duck with loaded mashed potatoes, gravy amd ginger seasoned broccoli. It was pretty good for my first attempt at duck.ImageUploadedByWine Making1389566707.932721.jpg

This was Dinner today rotisserie prime rib roast, Garlic mashed potatoes steamed string beans & Glass of my blueberry elderberry wine1389567442038.jpg1389567462405.jpg

dang...I wore mine out , but the prime rib and the roast duck look excellent...mouth watering looking....I love rare duck and rare prime rib...
shoot, I am having a grilled ham and swiss cheese with dill pickles..

The 'ol "set it and forget it" grills. I had one years ago and it worked great but we hated cleaning it. It sat for years and I finally gave it away.

We just got a new one to replace our old one. Everything comes apart, goes in the dishwasher so all I have to do is wipe down the base and out it away. Still learning curves on some of the stuff.

boatboy. i met Guy Fieri in milwaukee one time when he was doing a show at the throwed rolls place and was downtown on a party thing.
nice guy,drinks like a fish...we had something in common...lol
I love his shows.

Shelley, that looks awesome and I am sure you make a pile of stuff that is well worthy of posting on here.

Shelley, that looks awesome and I am sure you make a pile of stuff that is well worthy of posting on here.

Wait, stuff has to be worthy to post here?!? :slp

I thought it was about what we've made for dinner! Lol.

(FYI, tonight was Kraft Dinner. Well, not for me, they still haven't made a gluten free version. I got leftover lasagna...)

Wait, stuff has to be worthy to post here?!? :slp

I thought it was about what we've made for dinner! Lol.

(FYI, tonight was Kraft Dinner. Well, not for me, they still haven't made a gluten free version. I got leftover lasagna...)

Lol, well that is what I thought but the guys seem to want to post those items that most people do not cook on an everyday occurrence.

Easy peasey Lady!

I used ground pork this time (because of road conditions, the store was out of most meats), but use ground beef usually.

Fry it up with garlic, onions, spinach, peppers and mushrooms, then drain off the fat. I then put in a jar of my canned tomatoes from the summer, either the crushed or chopped version.

Italian herbs: oregano, thyme, rosemary, basil. Also a nice big tablespoon of basil pesto to help fill out the flavour - we like things VERY flavourful at our house!

Layer in the pan with par-cooked gf lasagna noodles, shredded smoked gouda, smoked mozza, and fresh parm.

Into the oven till golden and bubbly. Yum!

We get our cheese directly from Bothwell, which is just a half an hour away. If you go on-site, they have all the trim ends that they can't sell in stores. We buy about $100 worth of the 'specialty' kinds, then take it home and shred into our own mix for lasagna, pizza, pasta, etc. Put the whole bag into the freezer so it keeps. We're big on the smoked ones, but they have a nice Chai Tea one, a Madagascar Green Peppercorn, etc. that are all really nice too.

Made a nice one last night..

Shell Steaks dredged in black pepper. I roasted the peppercorns first in a pan until they popped like popcorn. I then ran the cooled peppercorns through a converted coffee grinder to get a nice course grind.

The roasting of the black pepper kills most of the heat and adds a wonderful nutty flavor.

I then pan seared the steaks in butter, then popped them into the oven to finish off. Served it with nice baked potatoes, garlic bread, and salad with thousand island dressing.

For a change of pace, I had a beer with it all.

Steelhead trout steamed with a miso wasabi glaze. Yum!!

1526312_10100365709387589_964695777_n.jpg

Tonight will be:

Picco stuffed toasted pitas (with 2011 Pinot Grigio), followed by:

Tequila-lime marinated grilled chicken with spicy cumin fried potatoes and onions and nacho cheese broccoli (with 2011 Pinot Grigio), finally:

Sweet mango fruit salsa (with 2012 White Zinfandel).

baby back ribs in the oven with just salt,pepper,and grated garlic.
scalloped potatoes
russian cabbage steamed with some of the pork trimmings.
home made apple pie with blue bell real vanilla ice cream.

basic basic but very good...least too me.

Latest posts

Back