What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steelhead trout steamed with a miso wasabi glaze. Yum!!

1526312_10100365709387589_964695777_n.jpg

That looks Yummy!! And I love wasabi

Had Mom's birthday supper tonight, everyone brought a dish:

Strawberry & greens salad with honey/mayo dressing, brussels with bacon, roasted root veggies, fried chicken, and my contribution was a GF bread pudding with spiced rum sauce.

Felt like I was waddling out of the house afterwards!

Mmmm! hot wings?

Yep! Not really hot though. Simple salt and pepper, then baked to finish. Tossed in a mix of butter and Frank's hot sauce. I've found that to be my favorite wing combo, aside from the grilled orange marmalade sriracha wings.

My neighbor invited us over for what was billed as a simple spaghetti Bolognese. Turns out he made fettuccine and red sauce with the following meats: meatballs, pork short ribs, hot Itailian sausage, and spare ribs. Delish!

I am really trying to get my weight under control (having given up all hope of growing into my weight by adding 12" of height) so I have been dieting, following Rocco DiSpirito's regime. Last night for dinner, I made my own dish that can best be described as "pasta primavera with shrimp" using oven roasted vegetables (red peppers, broccoli, cauliflower and carrots), peas and oven roasted shrimp over spaghetti. The actual calorie count per serving was under 350. The dish, with a salad, bread and beverage, was filling and fulfilling.

It seems like several of us are trying to shed a bit of weight. The story of my life. Anyway, I always find it harder in the winter. I'm trying to eat lighter but when I crack open a bottle my food inhibitions go out the window. Anyway, last night was take out - wonderful Phở from a local Vietnamese place. SO filling, low fat and not to bad for calories if you don't eat all the noodles.

Lol, I hear you all on the weight-loss side: I'm trying t shed two pregnancies worth, plus from my surgery this fall. Gak!

I'm learning to listen to my body better: am I actually hungry? Or am I bored? Lol, that tends to be one of my worst habits. Got a pass at the University gym too. I'm still not sure if it's encouraging or depressing to watch all of those athletes working out. The view is GREAT though :)

Tonight is Minestrone made from tomato-simmered ham, smoked beef, and bison bones stock. All the veggies, beans and noodles! Used to be my 'signature' dish when I worked in a little diner.

I truly wish all of you would quit shedding all this weight as I keep finding it :ft
I know what you mean, Noob. I have a theory which has yet to be proven that the sum of the weights of all the people in the world is a constant. Otherwise, the Earth would go out of orbit and be slung into the vast outer space.

On the healthy bandwagon, I made vegetarian spring rolls. I left out the noodles and filled it with shredded cabbage instead. It also has firm tofu, avocado, red bell pepper, cucumber and spring onions. The sauce is sesame oil, soy, rice vinegar, ginger, wasabi and PB2.

1184967_10100370841363069_611018841_n.jpg

I cant decide whose house I want to come to for dinner...of course I will bring wine!

WE're having roasted eggplant and red pepper sandwiches with goat cheese and black olive tapenade. maybe a fume blanc or the rest of the pinot I opened yesterday.
:h

The Mrs. decided to make a pot roast in the oven to help heat the kitchen. Waiting for the plumber to fix the furnace. Bakervinyard

Wow all that food sounds good! Gonna have to try! We're having Homemade turkey pot pie with all components homemade including the crust. Haven't made one of these in years :)

Not fancy but very good and not too bad for you, Chicken Pita Pizza, Pita bread a spoon of spagetti sauce then top with cooked, cut chicken breast, peppers, olives, onions, mushrooms or whatever toppings you prefer and some mozz cheese. Shrimp and black olive is tasty too.

Pizza.jpg

Last edited:
What's on for tonight? Part 1:

1.5 inch thick boneless sirloin pork (I buy a roast and cut it myself to a reasonable thickness so they cook moist!) I marinate these with freshly ground spices in plastic wrap in the fridge. These may or may not get a seasoned panko treatment before going on a rack under the broiler! Likely served with a fresh spring mix salad to keep it on the lighter side and some of last year's concord fredonia wine.

ImageUploadedByWine Making1390426928.964203.jpg

What's on for tonight? Part 1:

1.5 inch thick boneless sirloin pork (I buy a roast and cut it myself to a reasonable thickness so they cook moist!) I marinate these with freshly ground spices in plastic wrap in the fridge. These may or may not get a seasoned panko treatment before going on a rack under the broiler! Likely served with a fresh spring mix salad to keep it on the lighter side and some of last year's concord fredonia wine.

Hold on, I'm on my way over. I'll bring my bestest wine!

Hold on, I'm on my way over. I'll bring my bestest wine!

Absolutely!! I'm game to trade food for wine any day! Hubby says ummmm! Too bad this forum doesn't have a scratch and sniff function! It smells Devine now time to dig in - bon appetit!

ImageUploadedByWine Making1390435079.449217.jpgImageUploadedByWine Making1390435099.765670.jpg

Latest posts

Back