What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterday Mrs WM81 made spaghetti sauce and was going to make stuffed shells tomorrow. Last night she changed her mind and informed me that I was making chicken parmesan tonight ... yeah, wife, twist my arm. ;)

Cooking ahead, I split 3 breasts horizontally and pounded them thin (the cutlets look huge), breaded & pan fried. Sprinkled 2 with mozzarella blend and let it melt, then topped with sauce. The chicken looked naked so I just had to add some Mexican cheese blend ...

The leftover cutlets make great sandwiches, and/or we'll use them in another fashion. Or eat chicken parm again -- I won't complain!

chicken parm.jpg

Taco Tuesday. Flap meat from Costco, seasoned with Dizzy Pig's "Peruvian-ish". Sous vide straight outta the freezer at 131 for 3 hours. Then seared over Kingsford Pro for a minute or so per side. Some Mexican street corn too.

1632880110207.jpeg

1632880123476.jpeg

1632880139037.jpeg

1632880154050.jpeg

1632880175292.jpeg

Roasted romanesco brocolli (garlic/preserved lemon/butter/capers/lemon); Sauteed/braised escarole (garlic/marjoram/sherry); roasted mushroom caps (soy, EVOO, and truffle oil): and shrimp pasta. The shrimp pasta was a winner: Small pasta shells, with: sauteed onions, mushrooms, garlic, crushed red pepper, marjoram/oregano/thyme seasoning, arugala, basil, parmesan, panko, lemon, white wine. I was super pleased with how it turned out.

IMG_2497.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2500.JPG
    IMG_2500.JPG
    643 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Back