Whats considered too warm

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wild Duk

Reaction score
I've got 1 batch bottled and 2 batches ageing. I've just started this hobby last nov. and up till now my makeshift wine cellar has been fairly cool...With the recent warm snap in georgia, not sure how cool i'm going to be able too keep it....So at what temp will my wines start to be damaged, and to what extent.....I would love to start another kit, but if my storage space is not cutting it, not sure that I do...

JWMINNESOTA posted a great link with good info on cellar conditions, near the end of the Wine Cellar thread, under Wine Cellar. I would have posted a link, but, still don't know how. I haven't seen any postings rebutting the info from the link.

I can give you my .02. Living in Texas on the gulf coast (Houston area)cool is a relative term. I have been making kits for about a year and Ikeep my fermententing wine, bottled wineand carboys in an interior room in the house. No direct sunlight..Average temps range in the low 70's to 80. I have never had a problem with fermentation and the bottled wine keeps disapearing as fast as I make it. I know you SHOULD store it cooler but I am just going to work with what I have and enjoy!

Back