WHAT WILL YOU BE SERVING

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Waldo, it all looks delish! I'm wondering...were you feeding the third infantry?
smiley2.gif

Northern Winos said:
Only the last photo showed up on my computer.....does that dog have blue eyes?????

What? That's a dog???? I thought it was a pony!

Silly me.
smiley4.gif

We finally chose the Riesling, known here as the Wedding Wine. Good thing we made 2 batches of that!
smiley36.gif
There were only 5 of us this year, compared to the usual 9 or 10. Between jobs and moving, we've had a high attrition rate this year.
smiley19.gif

So there was plenty of food for all. Because I used a bag to ensure the turkey was moist, there was on fancy table presentation of the bird, but no one seemed to care. I even managed to make Lefse for Bert and he didn't know until it was on the table!
20061126_080500_Tday_2006_004.jpg

My son's girlfriend was in charge of the pies. He didn't realize that there would be only 5 of us, and she brought 6 pies! I've never been very artistic when it comes to pies, but she really pulled out all the stops!
smiley32.gif

20061126_080701_pies.jpg

Yes the dog has blue eyes and yes it is a dog. Its 1/2 Rott and 1/2
Husky and 0/0 Brains. looking at all that food is making me hungry.
Waldo I see some Deviled eggs there
smiley17.gif

Edited by: wadewade

wadewade said:
Yes the dog has blue eyes and yes it is a dog. Its 1/2 Rott and 1/2
Husky and 0/0 Brains.
smiley17.gif

He looks like an Erie Rotty, am sure he could scare many people with his reputation and those piercing eyes....the Alaskan dogs don't need brains....all they have is instinct.... to run...

That he likes to do. I made the mistake of taking him to a beach on a
leash He dragged me about 1 1/2 miles on his leash choking himself the
whole time. He's a very friendly dog and loves to be with other
animals. We also have 4 cats and he loves them all. To bad only 1 of
them loves him back. He's good with kids except he's like a bull in a
china shop and bowls everything over including kids, wife and me.

Well, I'm late to this thread. But we served a bottle of Pinot Noir for the red wine fans, and a bottle of my spiced apple wine for the white wine lovers.

Funky fish, how was this wine at bottling. Mine was terrible but is very good now.

Hey Waldo,

That's some pretty good looking bread you have there, and the wine looks vaguely familiar
smiley36.gif

How did the wine taste? I had a bottle of the Cranberry for Thanksgiving dinner as well and it went pretty quick! We had 8 cases of wine! and only sampled about 14 different types. Didn't get to open the Cherry, so I left it with my Dad.

Hope it was as enjoyable as the rest of the spread.

Hey Wade,

Unfortunately, I made it a couple of years ago and didn't keep notes on it (I know, I know - I've learned my lesson about keeping a wine log!). But, as I recall, it wasn't all that pleasant at bottling. The fermentation didn't smell too much, but didn't smell too pleasant either. I left it bulk age for about 9 months, and it still needed to be degassed quite badly. At the beginning of bulk aging, it tasted quite hot. At the end, I don't remember how it tasted, but I do remember it having a distinct cinnamin smell, which really excited me. After about a year in the bottle, it tastes awesome!

pkcook said:
Hey Waldo,

That's some pretty good looking bread you have there, and the wine looks vaguely familiar
smiley36.gif

How did the wine taste? I had a bottle of the Cranberry for Thanksgiving dinner as well and it went pretty quick! We had 8 cases of wine! and only sampled about 14 different types. Didn't get to open the Cherry, so I left it with my Dad.

Hope it was as enjoyable as the rest of the spread.

The bread was good pk but notas good as the wine was. It was a great choice saving it for Thanksgiving and was a great pairing for most of the foods served. My daughter has made me promise to put Cranberry on my "to make" list. I just hope that when i do it will turn out as good as yours was. The Cherry was also excelllent and went well with the feast.

I'm glad you enjoyed it! I have to say, the cranberry was the highlight of the wines we drank.

I opened my first Ancient Orange Mead and MAN is that stuff "sweet!" Not bad, justtoo sweet for my taste.

I have to make a confession. I had 6 bottles of cranberry, for dinner, and drove off with them sitting on my kitchen counter. I'm now saving them for Christmas dinner. Hopefully I won't forget them this time.

Waldo great looking bread, and wade, nice looking dog you have there. I have two husky's and they to love to run, and both of them are about as bright as a burnt out light bulb.....lol

Hey Kutya, read your post from our stance and I think youll get a
chucle. Looks very much like you drank 6 bottles of cranberry, for
dinner, and then drove off. LOL
smiley36.gif

Latest posts

Back