what to make next?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skor

Reaction score
well ive done a couple kits skeeter pee the easy stuff so far not sure what i should make next. anyone have a good detailed reciepe they would like to share?

The Recipe section is loaded with recipes. Most aren't a hard or easy recipe, just different types/taste/etc.

Well if you like fruit wines then there are a few Vintners Harvest wine bases that I would recommend like Black Currant, Cranberry, or Raspberry but you will absolutely want to use 1 can per 3 gallon recipe on the can and not the 5 gallon!

Well, it is the right time of year to find free fruit. Apples, pears, crabapples, plums, at least here in mid Nebr. are all coming ripe. Pick one you like and find some fruit. Grab a recipe and in a year or so you can have a great wine. If you can find the fruits now is the time to get them in the freezer for using during the winter. This is one of the great things about making your own. You can make whatever you like, same if you are going the kit route or juice route, make something you like or your spouse likes. Keeps the winemaking world happy. Good luck with it, Arne.

Well if you like fruit wines then there are a few Vintners Harvest wine bases that I would recommend like Black Currant, Cranberry, or Raspberry but you will absolutely want to use 1 can per 3 gallon recipe on the can and not the 5 gallon!

If you're set on using cans then this is what I would recommend. I don't care for most Vintners Harvest wine bases I have tried but the Raspberry is pretty nice!

If you're set on using cans then this is what I would recommend. I don't care for most Vintners Harvest wine bases I have tried but the Raspberry is pretty nice!

I saw those at the wine store and was curious about trying them as well. They're fairly cheap compared to fresh fruit. What did you not like about them?

I saw those at the wine store and was curious about trying them as well. They're fairly cheap compared to fresh fruit. What did you not like about them?

Now of course my opinions are biased due to the wine maker but of the different ones I've tried: Peach, Strawberry, Elderberry, Blackberry and Raspberry the only one I would ever consider making is the Raspberry.

well ive done a couple kits skeeter pee the easy stuff so far not sure what i should make next. anyone have a good detailed reciepe they would like to share?

I suggest a Welch's wine. My wife can't get enough of it. See this post for my recipe:

http://www.winemakingtalk.com/forum/f5/wine-tasting-32835/

I also have a great recipe for an apple cider using Tree Top apple juice that everyone loves if you're interested.

Back