What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well we better get that house. It was pretty much built for us. Not going to bore you guys with the details but it already had a wine cellar. How can I pass that up? No shelving or really anything in there at the moment but that just means I can build it up to my liking.

We had a flood last night: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...orm-floods-mall-underpasses-streets-1.2743493

Luckily my home is in a place that didn't flood, but my office? WATERFALL onto my desk last night. Many parts of the University flooded badly. So today I was working from a tiny laptop in a classroom. Ugh. Hopefully my computer survived the wet, I've got 7 years of files on my hard drive and I haven't backed up in the last month.

University Orientation starts on Monday, so they're going to be working around the clock to get things all cleaned up.

Just finished canning 9 1/2 pints and 3 pints of zucchini relish! Pretty tasty!

Ray_Way that totally sucks!

That's crummy luck. I would however count myself lucky that the house made it out alright. There is a chance the computer can be saved. If it was off your odds are good. Just make sure you dry it out before turning it on

I was going to hit up the gun range but it looks like it's about to start pouring. Maybe this afternoon. In the mean time I should give the gravity powered house filter a try. I sure hope all it takes is one floor of hight difference as the house we just made an offer on is a one story ranch house

I labeled 20 cases of Carmenere, 20 cases Malbec, 10 cases of Blueberry. I still have nearly 50 cases to go but have run out of labels. I am trying to get everything in order so that I can start some California wines in a couple of weeks.

Ran about 3.5 miles this morning, then racked the Stags Leap Merlot to secondary. After that, off to church. Having lunch now, then taking the kids to their swimming lessons. Then mowing the lawn and out to dinner to celebrate my sister-in-laws birthday. Looking forward to returning to work tomorrow so I can get some rest. :)

I labeled 20 cases of Carmenere, 20 cases Malbec, 10 cases of Blueberry. I still have nearly 50 cases to go but have run out of labels. I am trying to get everything in order so that I can start some California wines in a couple of weeks.

Wow, that is a boatload of wine. Go take a nap. ;)

visited a local winery for what we like and what we don't like. Purchased 4 bottles of wine and took in the ambience. We spoke with the owners who were very nice and got some good info.

We also backsweetened the Crab Apple, the Apple/Cherry and the Cinnamon Pear. We look forward to bottling this week.

spent the afternoon at my friends camper,enjoying the beautiful weather and a glass of wine of coarse .home now cooking a pot of lobsters,yummie!!

we racked the Green Apple Riesling to the secondary and did some taste testing on yesterday's sweetened wines. They have settled down and are developing a nice taste.

This morning I racked a raspberry wine and a pear cider. Then hubby and I emptied the shed.It was packed to the ceiling since move. It's all in back yard now under tarps as we try to decide what to keep, throw,and yard sale

Well unemployment was fun for a week or so but all good things must come to an end. Landed myself a good job without applying to anything.

Back