what knives all you cooks use

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with Tom. I have a set of Wustoff Trident that I bought in the 80’s when I lived in Europe. There are 10 knives in the set plus a sharpener. Great knives and they stay sharp. I use the boning knife most for slicing steaks and preparing roasts. I highly recommend them.

Wusthof Trident set was my normal knives until I acquired a Shun Edo Santuko knife. Now, the Shun is my go to knife unless I need a different one (like the Ginsu for sawing a can in half).

I am using Henkles I purchased in 1983. A terrific tool.

I use to sharpen all of mine with a sharpening stone, but as I get older I find that the electric sharpening wheel that I purchased to be a great addition to the tool box, one side is a sharpening wheel, the other has the leather strap, about 5 -10 mins per knife and they are as sharp as a surgical tool (well...maybe not, but it sounded cool...LOL).

Warthers from Dover/Sugarcreek Ohio.

I also have Forshner But like the others better.

I use Calphalon knives. Got them on sale @ TJ Max. But the key is the shapener. I use a diamond coated sharpener. Makes all the difference.

Latest posts

Back