What is your inventory level?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I already made wine for my som's wedding. He got married three years ago. It was just awesome, I actually got all the little old ladies drunk! We had put a bottle of wine on each table and supplied the bar. All these ladies were going around asking people at other tables if they could have their wine. The cookie table was nevertheless touched!

LOL! I'm sooo looking forwatd to doing our youngest's. Any pic's of the labels you used?

Inventory has been consumed. Although space is limited, a more aggressive inventory management plan is under works.

ForumRunner_20130924_234538.jpg

Sour Grapes that's fantastic. By your formula I need 600 bottles. If I add what I have aging in carboy I am there. Or do I only count what is in bottle?

Well, depends on what you're trying to figure out. The wine you have in carboys can be counted as far as "wine needed to meet your needs." However, obviously, it shouldn't count as far as "aging bottles that I need to build wine racks to accommodate"!

If you bulk age, with minimal time spent in bottles before putting them into the drinking rotation, then the formula simplifies to approximately R*S/2 bottles (+ space for carboys!).

Paul

I have 6 bottles of commercial wine (my only Muscadines..I hoard them when I can find them)
..and I'm jealous of all who have access to Muscadine grapes. ;)

I only have 6 bottles left from my first 2 batches.
5 Niagara’s and 1 Strawberry White Zinfandel.
Ready to bottle I have:
3 gallons of a Riesling Ice wine style
6 gallons of original skeeter pee
5 gallons of Candy cane
Kits ready to start after I bottle the above:
6 gal. White coconut Frascati,
6 gal. Peach Raspberry Sangria
6 gal. Wild berry white Zinfandel

...bottom line is...I just don't have enough wine.:dg

LOL! I'm sooo looking forwatd to doing our youngest's. Any pic's of the labels you used?

I used a wedding label I found at a local hbs, it was a bride and groom sketched on the side of the label and I added this wording:

This wine was specially made for the wedding of Steven and Julie, then I added the name of the wines dined year of the wine.

And yes my son married a women with the same name as me, tell me that boy didn't know what he was doing!

Latest posts

Back