What is this?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
in all my days on the farm and fields and everything in between i have not seen that, that my friend is something you better but in a jar with some alochol and preserve...
is there a worm, are bug in those cone shaped pods...
nature is all messed up , we are seeing things that were not present 40 years ago.

yuc...after a little research...it could be a type of gall, check out gall on grape leaves on net

From a distance it looked like grape leaf phylloxera which should be removed when found to prevent them from wintering over. Nice find. I am sure they have been around longer than we think.

Yes those are some form of gall on the leaves. One possibility is the Tumid Gallmaker. It usually is not a major problem unless you get a huge invasion of the gallmakers.

You guys are all wrong. Those are young Codias Mazollias, of the Ocotoberest family.
Theyt should ripen about the 3rd week of October and turn a nice 2 tone shade of yellow or oarnge and brown. I believe laymen refer to them as Candy Corn. Just in time for Halloween.
:)

Is there anything I can spray to get rid of these? Also the first pic isn't the same. Any ideas what to do

Latest posts

Back