What are you making and what have you made ???

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 10 gallons of concord working 6 gallons second run skins with light malt and black spiced tea in it and also 6 gallons of red raspberry with dark malt in it a wine for my dark beer drinkers I will see how it turns out smells great

Has it been a whole year?

I started my first wine, 1 year ago. Here's my updated list:

Completed 6 Gallon Kits
Cornucopia Red Raspberry Pinot Nero
RJS Blackberry Blast
RJS Green Apple Delight
RJS Cranberry Craze
RJS Peach Chardonnay
RJS Sangiovese/Merlot, Vino Del Vida
Vino Italiano Cabernet Sauvignon
WE Peach Raspberry Sangria
WE Strawberry White Merlot
WE Moscato, World Vineyard
WE Blueberry Pinot Noir

Completed “from Scratch” wines
Apple 3 Gal
Dragons Blood -3 Gal
Raisin -5 Gal
Fruit Explosion -5 Gal
Carrot/Onion/Garlic -1 Gal
Skittles -3 Gal
Pineapple -1 Gal

Currently in Process
RJS Italian Primitivo Style, Grand Cru International. (In Carboy)
WE Selection Grenache/Shiraz/Mourvedre (in Carboy)
Acerglyn -1 Gal (in carboy)
Blueberry -3 Gal (in Carboy)
Strawberry-Kiwi -1 Gal (in Carboy)
Apple Cyzer -1 Gal (in Carboy)
WE Pomegranate Zinfandel (In Primary)

Next up:
WE Black Raspberry Merlot (on deck)
going to grab 5 gallons of fresh cider in the next week or so

Looking for a good Tempranillo kit, and probably a Carmenere.
Any Suggestions?

I started my first wine, 1 year ago. Here's my updated list:

Looking for a good Tempranillo kit, and probably a Carmenere.
Any Suggestions?

Can't help with the Carmenere kit but the WE Selection Tempranillo with skins is outstanding. I just bottled my second batch of that and I will be making at least 2 of those per year. It has the pepper notes that I love in a tempranillo and is one of the best wines I have found with a good steak.

I just took a look around my wine making area to take stock of what I have going and what I plan to make for the rest of the year and next spring. Here are some pictures. The first shows about 18 gallons of Chardonnay-Semillon, 5 gallons of Sauvignon Blanc, 6.5 gallons of Traminer Riesling and 6.5 gallons of Carmenere. The other pictures are of my "bulk aging" wines (under the boxes and in the demijohn). I have zero white wine on my shelves at present and I am trying desperately to replenish them before Bev gets even more surly!

100_0746.jpg

100_0747.jpg

100_0748.jpg

100_0749.jpg

I have made:
Mosti vinifera noble Cabernet
We angel blanco
We island mist blueberry Pinot noir
We island mist pomegranate Zin
Rjs toasted caramel port
Rjs cru select New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc
Le grand red I
We selection original Viognier
Cru select NZ unoaked Chardonnay -divided into 2 batches for battonage vs nonbattonaged batches
Cru select bc meritage
Cellar craft Lodi old vine Zinfandel
Cellar craft showcase collection intl Tempranillo
Rjs rq Australian Shiraz Viognier
Le Oregon Pinot noir
We coastal red
Selection original luna rossa
Grand cru wash merlot
Rjs super Tuscan
Rjs Pinot Grigio
Dragons blood
Dragons blood /coastal red blend
Rice wine- went wrong undrinkable

Currently bulk ageing:
Le Pinot noir
Le grand red 2
Le Washington cab/merlot
Le primitivo
Le montrasell petition Verdot
Rjs toasted caramel port
Cs barolo
Le Chenin Blanc /rousanne
Rjs cellar craft Malbec

Primary
2x rns winemakers trio

Ordered
Le aglianico

On deck red Mac cab
We muller thurgau

Got my eye on:
We limiteds but won't buy too much money
Gsm
Pinotage
Piesporter
Riesling
Syrah kit to turn into port

image.jpg

Last edited:
I started making mead back in 1968 when I experienced my very first major surplus of honey. Since then I have mad mead from every type of honey I have ever produced, and some that I traded with beekeeper Buddies for. I have made pyments, cysers, melomels, methoglin, and hippocras. from everything imaginable.
far to many to list.

I recently have added wines to my production, Although the only completed wine I have done thus far was a small batch of autumn olive. I have in precess

Elderberry
Elderberry banana
Fredonia
Crabapple
Cataba
Concord
Hawthorn
Rose hip
and dragon blood

DANK knockabout!:HB: Tell me you have been making wine longer than you have been a member of this forum! Thought I was making a lot having 3 carboys going and about to start another one:slp

I just took a look around my wine making area to take stock of what I have going and what I plan to make for the rest of the year and next spring. Here are some pictures. The first shows about 18 gallons of Chardonnay-Semillon, 5 gallons of Sauvignon Blanc, 6.5 gallons of Traminer Riesling and 6.5 gallons of Carmenere. The other pictures are of my "bulk aging" wines (under the boxes and in the demijohn). I have zero white wine on my shelves at present and I am trying desperately to replenish them before Bev gets even more surly!

Rocky,
I like your organization, and also your Carboy covers.

Rocky,
I like your organization, and also your Carboy covers.

Thanks, Doug. They seem to work well. What they lack in aesthetics is balanced by the facts that they are readily available and cheap. With the opening cut in the bottom, I am able to monitor the airlocks to ensure they are not drying out. Also, I have several different sizes so I am able to "nest" them when not in use.

This is a great thread. I’m relatively new to all this. I started in 2011, but I have been bitten by the “wine bug”. Below is a list I have made. Interestingly enough, all of the wines I have made have been very, very good; not only by my standards, but my wife’s and friends. My only problem is I really don’t have a designated area to do this as much as I would like. I’ll have to fix this in our next house. Tonight I started a Chilean Cabernet Sauvignon and following Joe’s advice, I raised the SG up from 1.082 to 1.098 using simple sugar. I’ll put some extra oak in the 2ndary when it goes dry. Happy holidays to everyone, thanks for this forum…I have learned a lot.
What I have made so far:
Vintners Reserve Merlot
Selection International Chilean Sauvignon Blanc
Estate Lodi Ranch 11 Cabernet Sauvignon
Original White Zinfandel
Red Mountain Cabernet (this is great)
Chocolate Orange port
Pinot Gris
Sonoma Valley Pinot Nior
Eclipse Napa Valley Stag's Leap District Merlot
Selection International Chilean Sauvignon Blanc (crowd pleaser)
Eclipse Lodi Ranch 11 Cabernet Sauvignon
WE International Italian Pinot Grigio
Eclipse Sonoma Valley Pinot Noir
Eclipse Sonoma Dry Creek Chardonnay (did Sur Lie on this.. Great wine)
Dragon Blood
Dragon Blood
Selection Chilean Sauvignon Blanc 16L Wine Kit
Eclipse Napa Valley Stag's Leap Merlot Wine Kit
Selection Chilean Pinot Noir 16L Wine Kit
Italian Brunello Wine Kit w/ Grape Skins (I like this one)
Selection Chilean Cabernet Sauvignon Wine Kit

Dave

Started wine making July 2013. Bottled the Amarone yesterday. These are the wines I have made myself without our wine club. The wine club makes about 8-10 varietals and blends per year. I have learned a ton from the club and this fantastic forum.

Elderberry

Well, i cracked into my elderberry wine, bottled in December 2012. Oh man is this stuff excellent! I wasn't quite sure how to make it but i like trial and error. I only had access to dried fruit, so i rehydrated by steeping for 20 mins in hot water. Fermented with the fruit and crushed raisins for 2 days, removed fruit and continued primary. Apparently this was a good move. I tried some 6 months after bottles and wasn't sure about it, but this stuff only gets better with age!

Well, i cracked into my elderberry wine, bottled in December 2012. Oh man is this stuff excellent! I wasn't quite sure how to make it but i like trial and error. I only had access to dried fruit, so i rehydrated by steeping for 20 mins in hot water. Fermented with the fruit and crushed raisins for 2 days, removed fruit and continued primary. Apparently this was a good move. I tried some 6 months after bottles and wasn't sure about it, but this stuff only gets better with age!

I am pleased for you and also very jealous!

I let my dried elderberry wine age, but when I opened the first long-awaited bottle.......................geranium taint :( :( :(

2 Gal. Raisin,Rice,Plum.
1 Gal Wild grape
2 gal Elderberry
1 gal white grape
5 gal pear

New house, new wine room. Moved in, May 29th.
Diamond, Niagara, Vignoles, Sour Cherry, Cranapple, and Catawba. ready to bottle. Merlot, Marquette, and 20 gallons of spiced apple not shown.

0111151629.jpg

Back