What are you drinking right now !

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What are you drinking right now !

• The Wine you made

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Beer you Made

• Commercial Wine

• Commercial Beer

• Water

• Total voters

Angell Wine

Reaction score
What are you drinking right now. The wine or beer you made or commercial wine or beer.

I just tried my first taste of mead. It was Oliver's mead (commercial)from Indiana. I was very impressed. I've already started searching the Internet for honey sites.

Buy wine, beer and mead already made??????

People actually do that !!
smiley36.gif

Pat,

Here are a few places I have bought honey for mead that I would highly recommend.

http://stores.ebay.com/Abigails-Honey-Farm_W0QQssPageNameZst rkQ3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm

Great honey and awesome pricing....I have always submitted a "Best Offer" of $20.00 for a gallon in the "Buy it Now" auctions. $28.50 including shipping for a gallon of great pure honey is a steal.

http://www.fruitwoodorchardshoney.com/index.html

Excellent honey and good pricing and shipping. Excellent pricing on Tupelo honey and it is one of the best tomake mead with in my opinion.

Hahaha, considering that it's 9 a.m. here as I'm reading this, I'm drinking nothing on the list. (Coffee; it's a bit early for wine)

But I practically only drink my own wine. Unless I feel I need a "normal" wine, like a Merlot or Cab Sav or Dornfelder.
smiley1.gif

Have been bottling wine and racking some...needed some top ups ...just have to drink what is left...Man I allmost hate that...But what a nice way to spend a cold Sat.

Masta,

How much does a gallon of honey weigh? I've noticed that most recipes measure honey by weight not volume. Just curious how much mead a gallon of honey would make.

A gallon of honey typically weighs 12 lbs but might vary a small amount due to the percentage of water in the honey.

For example the honey I have bought from Abigail's Honey Farm is very thick and has less water than others so it weighs 12.5 lbs per gallon.

I have used a ratio of 3 lbs honey per gallon for almost all my meads.

Hi All,

All my wines are still in process at one stage or another, so I've been drinking commercial...If you want to try the smoothest most velvety cab try Joseph Phelps Innisfree. I was amazed. If I could make a wine like that!!!!!!!who knows!!!!

Just thinking about honey too, My dad is a bee keeper in W,va, I would love to drive up there and pack my pickup full and drive it to the gathering and just give it to you all.........that is just a little thing I wish I could do. Maybe for the next gathering....I'll plan on that!!!!

Ramona

My daugheter made cab sav for a christmas gift for her grand mother.

They like this better than store bought. the tried to find comerical that tastes like ours. Have made second batch its gone have a batch in the carbouy that will be ready to bottle in 2 weeks. I try to get 3 months at least before we pack up to grand ma s house with cases of wine. Hey she does return all the bottles. These modern kits are very good.

Latest posts

Back