welches white grape/peach has k-meta in it

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chachi44089

Reaction score
I kinda asked this already, but didnt title my thread right and only got one response. Which was ok, I just want to be sure. I have some welches white grape/peach that I was going to use for a batch and notice it has potassium metabisulfite in it. I know not to add any k-meta in the primary with this, but how should I handle the other ingredients..From what I have read I can mix it up without adding yeast and let it sit 24 hours before pitching yeast to allow the sulfites to dissipate. Do you think this is ok?

Thanks alot..I did try and search the answer but found too much other stuff. I needed an answer quick..lol.Its in the primary waiting for the go-ahead..Will wait 24 hrs. Thanks again.

I used welch's raspberry with had sulfites. I put it in my primary and mixed it up very well and waited 24 hours before pitching the yeast and it worked just fine. You should be just fine.

I have made the welchs grape/peach and it turned out very nice. Go ahead you will be fine.

Thanks for the advise!..Julie..May I have your recipe for this wine? I searched but am not having much luck..Thanks

Thanks for the advise!..Julie..May I have your recipe for this wine? I searched but am not having much luck..Thanks

3 cans of welch's grape/peach
sugar to bring sg to 1.080, at least this
1 tsp nutrient
1/8 tsp tannin
Acid blend to .65% (test your acid first, then adjust)
water to one gallon

leave sit for 24 hours then add yeast, I used lavlin 71b1122. I racked about a week later, then racked as needed, not more than once a month. Once done, I backsweeten with 1 can of welch's grape/peach.

Make a starter for the yeast. Put a little warm water in a container, add a little sugar, some yeast energizer if you have it, and add the yeast. Then, start adding a little of your must. WAit a while and add a little more must, when your time is up pitch it all in the primary. should take off like a rocket. Will let you know if your yeast is good before you pitch it too. ARne.

If it bugs you, just get it hot on the stove first. I did this with my first batches of wine with Welch's to get the additional sugar to dissolve. Had no problems....for the most part...:/

Latest posts

Back