WineXpert WE selection intern'l Malbec/Shiraz

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ehammonds

Reaction score
Made this kit and followed the directions, but bulked it a little more and with a little more oak. Bottled two months ago. Just popped my first bottle. Way young, but it still tastes great. Expecting great things with some bottle aging. Anyone else have good luck with this kit?

Good to hear. Will definitely make this again. Now that I have a barrel, I think it would be killer.

I started my first kit today a WE Chilean Malbec - hope its as good as yours is turning out! I started making wine last fall when I was handed 200 lbs of grapes and then made apple and apple cider wine. After DB and SP the kits seemed like a great new experience. Can't wait to be sipping some of the above!! Glad yours is coming out good!

We made the Malbec/Shiraz back in March of 2013. It took about 12 months to get good, and about 18 to really start to shine. I'd buy it/make it again, but I'd wait longer than we did the first time to start drinking it, too many bottles were consumed prior to the point where it really opened up. It's not even 2 years old yet, and unfortunately we only have 9 bottles left.

Wow. Yep, I expected the wine to be crap with only two months in the bottle. Can't wait for time to work its magic on this one. I think I'll try another at six months just for fun.

Mine is 1 month into bulk aging. I was surprised at how quickly it was progressing. I have noticed that Shiraz tends to age quickly however my limited experience with Malbec has been the opposite.

Back