WE eclipse Pinot noir tweak help

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildvines

Reaction score
My kit came with toasted oak dust. 60 grams. Should I just use it as instructed or should I use better quality oak cubes and maybe add raisins? Any and all input will be helpful. I am a newbie sorry for any dumb questions. I just want to make sure that it comes out good.

I agree with Cmason1957 to just follow the directions on this kit. I just started the Eclipse Pinot Noir at the end of November and it is a really quality kit. Pinot Noirs are a lighter body wine and generally don't need much oak. The only thing I will do different is to run this kit through a neutral barrel to get the finish only a barrel can give. You've got a couple of nice kits. :b

I agree with Cmason1957 to just follow the directions on this kit. I just started the Eclipse Pinot Noir at the end of November and it is a really quality kit. Pinot Noirs are a lighter body wine and generally don't need much oak. The only thing I will do different is to run this kit through a neutral barrel to get the finish only a barrel can give. You've got a couple of nice kits. :b

Thanks. Any recommendations on barrels?

I was thinking of some toasted oak cubes during aging just for the flavor and somewhat of a finish. But i don't know better. If you think that may work let me know

I probably wouldn't add much oak to the pinot, it is supposed to be light and fruity. Now the cab /merlot, that is a much different thing. It can probably stand up to some oak. I don't have a barrel so I can't give you much advice on that, but oak cubes are easy to take out if you get it to where you want it.

Very true. I love pinot for that reason but I do like a good cab/merlot. For the cab/merlot I may try the oak dust to start at fermentation to give it done body and oak cubes during aging fir flavor. Like I said am just learning. I been collecting for a while but this seems do much fun Lol

Latest posts

Back