Waste no wine...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BDKS

Reaction score
I have some Blackberry wine left over after topping off. It has a flavor pack. The leftover amount is about one wine bottle maybe? I do not have a drilled stopper to fit a wine bottle to fit an airlock. I could possibly modify a twist top bottle to hold the airlock. Any other ideas?

In that case you have a few options
1) Drink it and hope you don't need the extra later

2) Try to rig up someting for an airlock- like a ballon on the bottle

3) Put a stopper in it and refrigerate it. It will clear pretty good from the cold of the refrigerator and you just pour off the clear to top up later.

By the way- you have it right- waste no wine!

I always have left ver wine for topping off at a later time and use wine bottles of various sizes for this reason alone and use the #2 stoppers with wine bottles and an airlock.

I guess the only option is to refrigerate. Don't have any balloons. Already added #2 stopper to wish list.

Like Wade implied, It is time to order some #2 stoppers. However for now a baloon with a pin hole in it will work very well. Take a baloon rinse out the powder. Take a pin and push it threw the baloon. the baloon will blow up to the size of your thumb and then leak. ( air goes out but not in)

Doh !!!!
smiley7.gif
..... Stop taking my advice before I give it!!
smiley36.gif

some beer bottles (like the 32oz or 40oz if they're legal in your area) have a wider mouth on them that will take the same size bung as a gallon jug, I've been using a couple of them and they seem fine. This won't help if you don't have that size bung either though...

If you don't have a baloon just put some plastic wrap over the top and hold it in place with a rubber band or a twist tie.

Latest posts

Back