Mosti Mondiale Want to try something different

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diggerdan17

Self Made Thousandaire
Reaction score
I have done many kits from many manufacturers and due to no close by suppliers I have not had a chance to try a Mosti Mondiale product to date.

I found a supplier today that is 3 hours away that could possibly have it delivered "free" if I wasn,t in a panic.

My wine of choice is Shiraz and he has the Meglioli coming out in March or April.

My question is this, who has done the Meglioli Shiraz and or the Masters All Juice Shiraz and how would you compare them to say RJ Spagnols En Premiur Australian Shiraz?

I will Definitely be buying a Shiraz from the Mosti lineup soon but was wondering which kit from their line up in the Shiraz, Syrah family has given you the most pleasure?

Please feel free to comment at will!

I haven't made either but can tell you that the Meglioli is the limited edition so it's a step above the Masters. This year Mosti is offering grape packs with the Meglioli kits so if I was looking to buy I would go for that kit. You really can't go wrong with either one.

RJ Spagnols makes very good Shiraz kits, there are some good posts in the Spagnols forum section.

Made both the Mosti Renaissance Australian Shiraz and Cab/Shiraz blend bottled Oct 2008. Most prefer the Cab/Shiraz blend as the Shiraz is not really very Shiraz-ee but still good.

A few weeks ago out for dinner we ordered some $38 bottle of Aussy Shiraz which was very similar to the Renaissance Australian Shiraz in that it was not very Shiraz-ee either compared to a wonderful Penfolds or Wolf Blass shiraz.

So after dinner back at my place the gang concluded the commercial shiraz was not nearly as good as my excellent Nov 2009 Mosti Renaissance Old Vines Merlot. Mosti seems to make great Merlot kits.

We just bottled another Ren Old Vines Merlot last weekend and had to compare the two vintages. The two month old bulk aged Merlot was better than expected, easy drinking and did not taste like a young wine. The 16 month old Merlot was clearly a step up in class and depth, compares to a good $20CDN bottle.

Back