Other 2014 limited wine kits - what are you planning

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone that replied with info on the Pacific Quartet. Based on your info and my task, I think that I will pass.

Now to figure out which other white to go with.

Josh

Thanks everyone that replied with info on the Pacific Quartet. Based on your info and my task, I think that I will pass.

Now to figure out which other white to go with.

Josh

I would say that the Viognier/Chenin Blanc/Roussanne blend is definitely something you're likely to only see in a LE kit. I think there was a CC LE kit a few years ago that had Roussanne in it (more a northern Rhone style blend), but that's about it.

I made that CC LR kit a few years ago. It was the traditional Marsanne-Roussanne-Viognier blend. I have about 5 bottles left and they are still awesome to this day. This is/was a wine made for food, not sipping.

ordered the SA shiraz cab and the oregon pinot nior today! possibly the shiraz grenache as well. looking forward to this years le's.

SouthernChemist said:
I would say that the Viognier/Chenin Blanc/Roussanne blend is definitely something you're likely to only see in a LE kit. I think there was a CC LE kit a few years ago that had Roussanne in it (more a northern Rhone style blend), but that's about it.

I think this one has made the finals for me. It's between this one or the RQ Semillon Sauvignon Blanc. I like that the WE kit is 18L and I think the RQ is 16L.

Josh

Get the Walla Walla Cab Merlot with grape pack from the regular CC line.

The Walla Walla Cab Merlot is a great kit - I have some waiting patiently to be opened for Christmas. That is what interested me in the LE version.

I've settled on:

WE Oregon Pinot Noir
Kenridge California Grand Red II

I'd also like to do a white. Can't decide which one, but the RQ Semillon Sauv Blanc is in the running.

Pacific Quartet for sure, it was a big hit the last time I made it. I see a couple reds that seem interesting, tough choice since I can't afford all of them.

Pulled the trigger on the WE Pinot Noir on Monday. Still haven't decided which white I'm going to do and not even sure that I will pre-order. I might just risk it.

-Josh

I ordered 3 WE limited SA Viognier/Chenin Blanc/Rousanna , Pacific Quartet , Red Mountain Washington Cabernet Merlot.
I started out as a white wine drinker but now I make more Red.
Looking for another Red any suggestions I was thinking either RQ Italy Nero D'Avala or Spain Monastrell/Petit Verdot

Last edited:
Doing the Australia Shiraz Viognier also. Found both kits under $100.00 pre order

I ordered 3 WE limited SA Viognier/Chenin Blanc/Rousanna , Pacific Quartet , Red Mountain Washington Cabernet Merlot.
I started out as a white wine drinker but now I make more Red.
Looking for another Red any suggestions I was thinking either RQ Italy Nero D'Avala or Spain Monastrell/Petit Verdot
It's kind of funny Dino466. I started out as a red drinker (California Cabs to be exact). I probably didn't really try enough but the commercial whites I tried tasted like grapefruit which I really don't like. I started making kits and found the stone fruit whites(Riesling,Gewurztraminer etc) and now I drink whites almost as much as red.

Tess, the Pacific Quartet is a really good blend. Mine is 18 months old and is still fantastic. Plenty of stone fruit with hint of spice and on the sweeter side of off-dry.

I ordered the Oregon Pinot Noir and I think I will get the Pacific Quartet also.
I just my wait to see what is left and on sale in the summer beyond those two.

It's kind of funny Dino466. I started out as a red drinker (California Cabs to be exact). I probably didn't really try enough but the commercial whites I tried tasted like grapefruit which I really don't like. I started making kits and found the stone fruit whites(Riesling,Gewurztraminer etc) and now I drink whites almost as much as red.

Tess, the Pacific Quartet is a really good blend. Mine is 18 months old and is still fantastic. Plenty of stone fruit with hint of spice and on the sweeter side of off-dry.

I ordered the Oregon Pinot Noir and I think I will get the Pacific Quartet also.
I just my wait to see what is left and on sale in the summer beyond those two.

I like White and Red. It depends on what Im eating and what mood Im in. It sounded wonderful in the video. It something to look forward too

Hello everyone. My first posts !

Just put my name in for the 3 reds:

Shiraz/Cabernet (w/skins)
Pinot Noir
Cab/Merlot

I went to the wine making store in winter springs, FL yesterday to pick up the Eclipse Gewurztraminer they had ordered for me, as well as an En Premier Chilean Carmenere that I had on hold. Since I was there, I figured I might as well order the WE South African Shiraz cabernet, and the Oregon Pinot Noir. Looks like I'll be looking for storage space!

I ordered two SA Cab/Shiraz and one Pinot Noir the other day. Then I discovered WE new Australian Shiraz that was announced the other day.....looks like I'll LOTS of big reds in a few years! Not complaining of course!

Ive never made a Pinot, looking forward to it!

[FONT=&quot]South African Shiraz Cabernet is the one I will do this year.
[/FONT]

Latest posts

Back