WineXpert VR Bourgeron Rouge Questions

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smurfe

Reaction score
Hi all, I was recently given 2 VR Bourgeron Rouge kits. One I am going to make for Communion Wine for church and the other just to have around to enjoy while my other kits age. I was also bestowed with a VR Blush kit.

Has anyone made this wine? I notice looking on the WE site that this wine has no Oak to it. I am still confused about the Oak thing but I know my favorite wines areCabernet Sauvignon and Shiraz. Is it the oaking that gives them their pizazz? Would this wine benefit from added oak?

Educate me please. I have one kit in the primary as of yesterday (10/21-05) so it might be too late to add any to it. Guess I can try to find a commercial version of this wine and try to see if I like.

Smurfe
smiley1.gif

From WE website

Bourgeron Rouge™ - VR ( 0 )
A popular blend reminiscent of the finest French appellation offerings. Produces an exquisite, well-balanced, aromatic red wine that is well rounded and robust. A smooth and versatile wine, it may be consumed young, but ages well too.

That is exactly what I did Smurf. I bought several bottles of different types of wines to help me determine which types I enjoyed and which ones to stay away from. My only dilema thus far is that I have found none to stay away from
smiley36.gif

Since it is French wine, I would use house toast French oak cubes from the must until it has the taste you want, if you decide to use oak. Just rinse them and readd at each racking.

Latest posts

Back