Vodka, Pickles And Kids

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dessertmaker

Reaction score
We're having fun with the older kids by freezing pickles with a dry ice/vodka slurry and letting them break them on the concrete.

Some of them wanted to eat pieces of the pickle.

Thoughts on this anyone? I am the responsible adult assigned to this party tonight and I don't want to have any drunk jr high boys running around the fire.

I'd assume the actual alcohol that would freeze to the pickle would be negligible?

I wouldn't see it being an issue myself.. Gotta be a lot more pickle juice in there than vodka that could somehow cling to the outside... I'd try one myself, to see if I could even taste it, were I, you :)

Sounds like a good night

But take my advice with a grain of salt... I was once "a drunk jr high boy" :)

ME being the "responsible adult" is just crazy to begin with. I guess I'll just do my best to prevent injuries, intoxication and anything that could possibly result in childbirth..... ;-)

Well, I didn't have to worry about the vodka. We drank about 10 2 liters of off brand soda and made dry ice bombs instead.

Good thing! You know Dessertmaker, these days just aren't like it was when you were growing up, let one of those kids get sick or fall down and they find a trace of alcohol and the parent has a hissing fit and then you get in trouble with the law because you were the responsible adult plus a lawsuit.

I agree with Julie...100 percent. Just one kid says are text another about anything alcohol...you in deeeeeepppppp trouble.

This was almost all family. A few boyfriends and girlfriends thrown in the mix, but all the parents knew the activities planned and materials in question. I was simply doing my due diligence to insure things were "reasonably" safe.

Latest posts

Back