Virginia Trip

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masta

Reaction score
Heading off this Friday for a week vacation in Virgina. We are staying in Basye Va in a timeshare exchange locatedin theBryce Resort community. Not much planned yet but the itinerary does include Shenandoah Vineyard, Luray Caverns, and the Skyline Drive so far.

Any tips or other places of interest we should check out including great places to eat?
Edited by: masta

Pick some Elderberries at Cracked Cork's.......
smiley2.gif

Masta:

Your going to a great area of Va. The national park along skyline drive is a fantastic trip that just within the park could take me all week to travel through. We stopped at Luray last year coming home from NY and found it interesting. There isn't much around the area of the caverns itself, kinda sits out in the middle of no where. The stalactite and stalagmite organ was a treat to see and hear. I have lots of pictures, but won't post them and ruin the sights for you.

If your a history buff, there are all kids of old war sites scattered throughout the area that are very interesting .

YOur about 4 hours north of where I am, to bad we couldn't hook up, I'd love to me you.

Enjoy you trip and the time with your family, it goes by so quickly.

Many times on vacation I think we try to do too many things and forget one of the reasons why we go in the first place. Fishing poles will be packed and plan to spend some quality time with the family just chilling and doing whatever comes up during the day.

Need to also work on a Power-point presentation for Winestock so I am sure I can find time to get some of this done.
smiley4.gif

Hope everyone has a great time Masta...Just think of us peons still sweating at the grindmill while you are relaxing.

SO??????

How was the trip? Other than all the smokers..........

What did you do?

I hope all had a good time and enjoyed the time away from home and the day to day.

Latest posts

Back