Viognier

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom

Reaction score
Has anyone madeViognier from juice? Taste?

I have a chance to get some fresh Chilean Viognier juice in April/May.

What yeast should I use?

Any suggestions?

Hi buddy just a reminder check our webb site i posted you back....................viognier is a wine best made under cold fermentation in glass or steel made it last year......used champaign type yeast...started in ambient conditions after starting placed it in the box at 45/47 degrees..it will take a while to finish out ,but keep checking with agage and tasting,,finish is very clean,somewhat fruity with a moderate finish best drunk young......there are whole webb sites devoted to this wine type...............if completed by the next meeting i,ll bring a bottle.......its been a year it......................

Tepe, joe: I live in Jersey as well. Can you recommend a fresh juice supplier in the area?

Omerta said:
Tepe, joe: I live in Jersey as well. Can you recommend a fresh juice supplier in the area?

Where you from? Our wine club is in the S.Jersey (Burlington, Camden, Gloucester County)area. www.ginpinto.com is where you can get it. They are in Hammonton.
You are invited to our next meeting if you can make it March 8th.

Thanks for the invite. I'm in Central Jersey (upper Middlesex County). Ginpinto looks to be close to two hours away. Might take the ride when the season comes around. I see they'll have Chilean available in May.

I have never made a Viognier but I will be getting a bucket of fresh juice from California this year. Many of the other guys in my club have made it and it makes a very nice white wine. I am planning on using ICV-D47 for all of my whites this year. I have never used it but I have heard lots of good things about it promoting fruitiness in whites and roses.

http://www.ginopinto.com/

Well Looks like a typo on the 1st onw
Pricing for CA juice will be posted next week. Starting to come in mid Sept and Oct the Italian juices.

theres a bigger place for you to go to up your way I believe its c&c but definatly your up there.
smiley3.gif

Joeswine,
I may also look into them as they have some different juices. Not to far from gino's

tepe let me kmow what the differences are,do they have a juice list,.tom this is not the ones that bruce was talking about are they?there is a huge dealer middle newjersey also,haven't heard from bob mat ,have you?..........................................
smiley2.gif

joeswine said:
tepe let me kmow what the differences are,do they have a juice list,.tom this is not the ones that bruce was talking about are they?there is a huge dealer middle newjersey also,haven't heard from bob mat ,have you?..........................................
smiley2.gif

Yea same on that Bruce told us about. I do remember a few years ago there is a place outside of Trenton that sold juice. Dont remember the name or address.

Anyone here know?

If you remember the name let us know I'm only 2 hours from Trenton here in PA

Back