Viognier Kit Question

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SouthernChemist

Professor
Reaction score
This might be more appropriate in one of the wine kit subforums, but I figured I would ask it here as my question spans the different brands available. A friend and I (already over a month or so into making our WE New Zealand Pinot Noir) are looking to do a viognier kit after the new year. I was just curious if people have any impressions of the different viognier kits out there (or just tips concerning white wine kits in general). So far, I'm aware of the following strictly viognier kits:

- WE Selection Original Viognier
- Mosti Mondiale Renaissance Chilean Viognier
- Most Mondiale All Juice ME Viognier
- Cellar Craft Yakima Valley Viognier

I haven't seen too many on here who have said they've made viognier kids before, but I figured I would ask directly and see what people thought!

I will tell you IBGlowin should be on here in a minute to answer this question and I think youll like the results!

Hehehehehe......

Been busy putting up the Xmas tree. From one Chemist to another check out this thread:

Cellar Craft Viognier Wins A Blind Taste Test!

That's pretty awesome!

I know white wines tend to require less aging than the red wines...do you remember about when you first started drinking it (or when you considered it good enough to drink)? From what I can tell, the CC Showcase Viognier is the only one that is not completely dry. I've had an off-dry viognier produced here in NC before that was pretty good.

Just remember that you can easily make a simple syrup and sweeten any wine to your liking!

I seem to recall it was good at 9 months and excellent at 12 months. I have been opening only about a bottle a month so its been easy to let this one hit 2 years without too much effort. I still have about a case or 15 bottles. Its hanging in there really good for a white wine. The flavour reserve pack is only about 8 oz so its not that off dry, just a hint.

That's pretty awesome!

I know white wines tend to require less aging than the red wines...do you remember about when you first started drinking it (or when you considered it good enough to drink)? From what I can tell, the CC Showcase Viognier is the only one that is not completely dry. I've had an off-dry viognier produced here in NC before that was pretty good.

Latest posts

Back