Vineyard Calendar?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blumentopferde

Reaction score
Hey People!

I'm looking for a vineyard calendar that helps me doing the right work steps at the right time.

Things like when is the best time for pruning, fertilizing, mowing, thinning etc., ideally using the BBHC-Code for orientation, as ripeness varies a lot depending on the location.

I've read many things in different literature, but when it comes to the practical part I'm always unsure about where I read it and when exactly it was to be done.

I could try building something myself but that would consume a lot of time, so I wonder if there's something like that out there in the net...

Any ideas?

Thanks!

That's interesting stuff, but too comprehensive for my taste!

I'm rather looking for a short checklist. Something I can print out and pin on my wall, which would tell me what to do.

Yeah, I know, sounds like a wishlist for Santa Claus, but hey, sometimes wishes come true! :h

Yes that lokks more like what I'm looking for. I'm from Austria, so seasons are quite similar. It's in central Europe, so everything starts a bit later than in Texas...

what part of Austria. I have visited the Wacau region. had a lot of fun. I would think that you would have quite a few neighboring regions growing grapes and could follow there procedures.

From Styria, the Southeast of Austria.

My grapes are in the middle of a vine-producing area so I actually I could just do what the others do!

But: I live quite far away from my vineyard, so I never see, what the others do, only the results of what they've done every few weeks, when I'm at the vineyard :(

It would be just great to have some kind of timetable, that tells me: Now you have to go to the vineyard, and do this and that. Guess it will still take some time, until I find it out myself....

Latest posts

Back