Vancouver LHBS's

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dugger

Reaction score
My wife and I will be in Vancouver for March/April/May ( trading snow for rain!!) and I'm looking for any recommendations for supply stores there so I can perhaps make some wine and leave it with the kids when we leave. Any suggestions from members out there?
Perhaps a recommended ferment on premises as well if I can't vint in our rental accommodation.
Does the Spagnols warehouse sell retail or just at the time of the warehouse sale (which I think is on now and finishing before we get there)?
Thanks .. Doug

Doug:

The Spagnols warehouse sells year round. Sorry, I haven't lived in Vancouver so don't know the FoPs at all.

Don't know if you're a baseball fan, but you could slide down to Seattle for a game or two. The Blue Jays are there April 11-12-13.

Enjoy your time visiting the Wet Coast.

Steve

Doug:
Enjoy your time visiting the "Wet" Coast.

Steve

You got that right!!
Thanks for the info, Steve, I'll check Spagnols out. I used to be into ball, played senior when younger, was a Yankees fan ( Mantle,Maris,Kubek,Richardson,Boyer,Tresh,etc), caught a few Expos games. A trip down to see the Jays might just fit in.

The Wine Expect whorehouse in Port Coquidlums has a factory store. There are FOP on every corner it seems. Are you going to Vancouver or suburb

The Wine Expect whorehouse in Port Coquidlums has a factory store. There are FOP on every corner it seems. Are you going to Vancouver or suburb

Awesome!!!!!! A wine supplier and whorehouse all in one. This hobby just keeps getting better!!!! :)

Maybe I should convince my wife to stay home! On the other hand I spend so much time in my wine room that frequent visits to "FOP's" out there might just go unnoticed!!

We'll be in Burnaby but I expect to visit most of the outlets in the 3 months I'm there - gotta have something to do! My plan hopefully is to pick up an equipment kit and make a couple or 3 kits, bottle 'em and leave them - maybe try them out next year on a visit.

My wife and I will be in Vancouver for March/April/May ( trading snow for rain!!) and I'm looking for any recommendations for supply stores there so I can perhaps make some wine and leave it with the kids when we leave. Any suggestions from members out there?
Perhaps a recommended ferment on premises as well if I can't vint in our rental accommodation.
Does the Spagnols warehouse sell retail or just at the time of the warehouse sale (which I think is on now and finishing before we get there)?
Thanks .. Doug

Hi, Tom just opened a wine making shop on 825 E. Hastings

Phone is 604-558-3846(EVIN)

You can contact him tom@eastvin dot ca

you are more than welcome to make your wine there!!

Thanks, Tom but I'm long gone!!
While I was there, however, I did spend some time at Hastings Home Grew with Peter and had some good times there. He's good so you'll have to be on top of your game to compete!!

Back