Vacuvin days after degassing

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ravelloview

Junior
Reaction score
We degassed one of our kits yesterday with a drill mounted "degasser wand" but we didn't have the attachment top to put on top of carboy to attach vacuvin and pump residual CO2 out. We followed rest of transfer steps for the kit after degas. Can I goto the store and get that adapter for the carboy today and finish degassing with vacuvin today??? Do I need to? We probably degassed wine for total of 15 minutes with all of the steps involvex already + we are only on day 14 of 42. Wine will be in carboy until last day.

I would definitely try and degas it more. If not fully degassed a kit wine will have a hard time clearing on its own. Make sure its kept warm (72 degrees) until it fully clears.

Thanks!
Went today and got the universal carboy top attachment and degassed the rest of the CO2 in the carboy. Didn't have so much room left in the carboy because yesterday we topped it up so it only required a few pumps to create vacuum. For the next 2 kits that we have to stabilize and clear this week, we will make sure to do it before we bring up the level of the wine to the top.

Back