vacuum rig don't laugh

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I hooked my Oreck vacuum rig up again today, bottling day for the Rosso D'Avola. I was concerned if the rig would be strong enough to pump the juice from floor up to counter height into a primary so I could gravity feed down into bottles. Hooray . . . it worked. Perhaps I should send a link to this post to Mr. Oreck. Link to tasting notes. http://forum.finevinewines.com//forum_posts.asp?TID=10025&PN=22

20101017_002858_vacuum_bottling.jpg

It really doesnt take much vacuum at all to rack wine, something like 5". Degassing is another story though which takes around 15" - 20". Rocky, nice flute stands!!!!!!

randoneur said:
I'm laughing - at myself, why did't I think of that
smiley1.gif

Necessity is the mother of invention. Can't lift the 6 gallon full carboys. Lifting 50+ pounds almost guarantees spending a couple days flat on my back.

great looking flute stand - nice work from one woodworker to another.

rrawhide

Just getting input on this type of setup with a filter as well.

I have been using the Vinbrite Filter Kit.

This gravity type filter takes forever to filter a batch!

Think it would work ok with the vacuum?

If you are talking about the Oreck style vacuum then I think that would be pushing it hard. if your talking about a vacuum aspirator then it will work just fine.

There is a thread out there somewhere where y'all talk about and show pictures of the aspirator used for bottling and filtering. Perhaps someone can find it, I looked but couldn't find it. May have been on the other forum?

Latest posts

Back