V-H Marionberry

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redderthebetter

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me anything about Marionberry from Vint/H? I was in my suppliers place yesterday. I told him I had about 3 pounds of frozen blackberries, and was looking for some canned fruit to make a batch. He suggest a 3gal batch of the Mationberry with my frozen fruit.

I had read a post by Wade, I beleive. He said his did not turn out so good. I'm on the fence about the marion now. I am looking to make a nice dry dull bodied wine.

While I was in his store,I bought a beer kit and have posted a question in that subject, for anyone with that expertise.

Thanks and Have a Happy New Year.

redderthebetter said:
I am looking to make a nice dry dull bodied wine.

Thanks and Have a Happy New Year.

Full bodied wine.

Typing is a challenge with the Keilbasa's I call fingers.

smiley36.gif
Glad you corrected that redd...I was going to suggest you go ahead and get the Marionberry if you wanted a "dull" wine.
Seriously, I have no experience with the VH Marionberry and cannon remember anoyne but wade posting about it. I have used other VH fruits and they were really good.

Hey red, The wine was never made as that was the one I killed by means
of over-sulfite but right out of the can it had no taste at all. Try
the Black Currant if you have not already. Other than that I know I
will eventually try the Boysenberry as I bet that one would be really
good! As for the dull one, well!
smiley36.gif

Their blackcurrant is excellent, we like to top it off right before
bottling with some ribena which can be a bit difficult to find over
here, but we sometimes find it in the asian supermarkets or even a
british grocer.

I have the marionberry waiting for when I get snowed in and want to
make a batch of wine instead of having a heart attack shoveling snow!

Crackedcork

Marionberry is a hybrid of blackberries and makes a great wine! Boysenberry is also a personal favorite of mine. I've never used concentrates or canned fruits in my wines so I can't tell you how they are but fresh or frozen I've never had any problems except for one batch of blackberry that developed sediment in the bottle 6 months after bottling.

Pete

Latest posts

Back