Used Italian floor corker

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikey1273

Reaction score
I just was able to score a blue Italian floor corker for $30 it seems in great shape but was stored in a shed for some time I cant be sure of. It seems to work smoothly. Only thing that I have issues with is the depth adjust thing seems to be stuck with slight corrosion. I put a little pb blaster on it and will try to move it tomorrow. The other thing is the brass iris seems greasy. Should it not be clean and dry like my Portuguese ones plastic iris? Should it clean and sanitize it all over or take it apart and clean it?

I would clean it with alcohol. The floor corkers do not respond well with kmeta solutions as it is very corrosive.

I cleaned the iris and the rest of it with a micro fibre towel and alcohol. the unit seems to work great in my test with an empty bottle, it just pushes the cork in too far, not flush with the top of the bottle like my Portuguese model does. So going to have to work on getting the adjuster to move again and then it seems like I have a winner. I guess i will give my Portuguese one away to a friend I got in to wine making that hasn't bought his own yet.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back