WineXpert Unexpected surprise

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
O'Fallon, MO - Just NorthWest of St. Louis, MO
I was bottling some wines this afternoon and moved some boxes of bottles that probably hadn't been moved in a fairly long while. I found a wine kit. Asked my wife and neither of us remember buying it. Her comment, better start it today, I guess. So an unexpected viognier should start bubbling in my basement soon. Does it mean something when you lose a wine kit for a while?

Even coñcentrates change over time, I would trash all the packets and yeast and. Go for it.

I was bottling some wines this afternoon and moved some boxes of bottles that probably hadn't been moved in a fairly long while. I found a wine kit. Asked my wife and neither of us remember buying it. Her comment, better start it today, I guess. So an unexpected viognier should start bubbling in my basement soon. Does it mean something when you lose a wine kit for a while?

That kit found out how to HIDE:)

Even coñcentrates change over time, I would trash all the packets and yeast and. Go for it.

That's what I plan on doing. Well, sorry of, I figured the bentonite didn't care, yeast was OK date wise and I won't be adding sorbate, since it will be dry.

Cmason, that is like found money! Did the kit have a date code on it? That may give you a clue as to when you purchased it. Nice find!

There is a date code on it, but since the yeast was OK I decided just to go ahead and start it. Seems to be bubbling along quite nicely. Now to decide if I want to add just a hint of peaches to it.

Latest posts

Back