ULTIMATE SELECTIONS FOR MOMUMENTAL OCSASSIONS!!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SueMac

Reaction score
WOW! Been a bit busy...just realized that June/July/August of 2010 will bring high school graduation and 18th birthdayof 2nd child/son; 21st birthday of oldest son and WHOA! My 50th birthday! (Hubby and youngest/daughter have a lot of work to do!!! Hahaha!) Celebration will be geared around graduation as oldest had his...(My birthday can go un-noticed! Shhhh!) Anyway...I've cruised this site for quite awhile looking for suggestions and I intend to post similar request in a couple of other sites: I'm looking for best kit suggestions, best make-your-own juice-type or regular fruit suggestions and for anyone who makes beer, I'm into that, too! I'm looking for "blow them out of the water; I need a new hobby; I love this, etc." recipes and ideas!! If you tweaked anything, please also advise! I'll share things that I've found on other sites! Thanks so much in advance! I currently have (2) empty 3-gallon carboys and also a 5 gallon carboy...6 gallon carboy has a tweaked IM Kiwi-Pear Sauv Blanc. I've made 2 beer kits from LHBS (Pumkin Harvest and Christmas Ales), OB Cran-Apple Chardonnay and Kiwi Melon Pinot Grigio and Hard Limeade/Hard Lemonade (still work in progress!)

Something happened to "occassions" in my excitement! Also wanted to share that I've also completed CRU White Ice Wine and RJS Orange Chocolate Port kits. Even in their youth, these kits are delicious! I'm looking for a variety to share! (My husband's samplng job may be coming to an end!!! LOL!)
smiley2.gif

The Ice wine will be fabulous after around 8 months. I wasnt that pleased with it when i made mine and didnt touch it for 8 months and then decided to try again and was i ever pleased. It is competition worthy!

I think it will take at least that long for mine to clear ,have a slite edge at the top after first racking but a ways to go ,the flavor is fabolouse.....................made from Ontario Vidal ice wine juice,,helped make the kit also not bad for a kit ,,but nothing like the juice end product,cwp alsohad very tastey......it was either wades or jobes......

Sue why don't you narrow the field down by stating what your family members like best. It would be best to narrow down the field with those selections. It would also do no good to make a kit that won't peak until 2012 since the celebrations will be past. A great resource would be to call George Cornelius- the owner of the site and this online store. He has made hundreds of different kits and can make some tremendous selections. Good luck with your quest.

Thanks for your inputs thus far... I may call for suggestions. Thanks for the thought!
I was looking to make wines that you're not apt to find/buy at the local packie. Friends seem to enjoy the OB and IM fruit wines so I'll probably continue with those but perhaps up the ABV a bit. I'd also like to try a Welch's grape juice recipe and a fruit wine (other than grape) recipe. I'm looking for things that are a bit different...

Since you are interested in making the OB fruit wines, try the Calypso Blanco. Once it is finished add rum to up the alcohol and add to the tropical flavor of the wine.
VPC

Interesting that you should say that because Calypso Blanco is one that has piqued my interest. I've also read that some people use the OB or IM wines as mixers with vodka, rum etc. rather than playing around with the fermentation process and extra sugar to raise ABV...

Latest posts

Back