trying to design a label...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lhunkele

Reaction score
...working on a label design, I'm thinking the color blocks will change with each different wine and our initials block always remaining the same... (taking a picture of the computer screen really doesn't do it justice, but I think you get the idea ;)

photo.jpg

photo1.jpg

I like your labels. I also have to shoot the puter screen in order to post them as Avery does not allow you to save them in a way to post. I think the color scheme on the first one works the best. Your wine is getting lost in the second one. I wish I could play around with your initials a bit to see if hey could be larger and raise it up, but I'm willing to bet you already tried that. Overall very nice job. Just play a bit more with the colors on #2. Maybe white font. By the way I like your choice of font style also.

Last edited:
Screen print then paste into paint (or other imaging editing program) and crop, then save.

Last edited:
It's really nice!!
BTW...If you guys save them in JPG, you then post it just like a photo

Dang Bham you just saved me a bunch of steps. Thanks for sharing. I love it when I learn a new trick. Not hijacking the thread, just trying the process out here.

Jalapeno001.jpg

Thank you!!!

I like the idea of moving the initals up a bit, originally I was trying to center it, but with some of the names extending into that block...hmm

I never tried using 'paint' let's see how this one came out - thanks for the suggest!

Saving as a .jpg didn't work for me (originally a MS Word document), I'll try it again.

Linda

ugh... still trying, file too big or wrong size or something...

I did what Bham said Do a print screen then paste it to paint. At this point I saved it as a jpeg. After it was saved to a file, I opened it up with Microsoft Office picture manager. It was this program I used to crop,compress and resize the picture.

Do you make those in Photoshop?
If so, when you save, if you go in "save as" and change the extention to .jpg and it should work just as any other photo

I make it using the Avery Software and you cannot save it into anything but itself. Thats why I always photgraphed the screen but now I don't have to thanks to the tip.

Thats why I always photgraphed the screen but now I don't have to thanks to the tip.

Bham beat me to it, but i was gonna hip you to it as well.. Gotta love the little tricks that make life easier!

Probably the posting-equivalent of going from a hand corker to a floor corker :)

:) he he he

Yes, MUCH easier and cleaner too! Thanks Bham!!

Thanks Dan - I like what you've done with your labels. I have little to no artistic ability :0 hence the need for a 'theme', I'm definitely not right-brained dominate ;)

Pay it forward.

It's great to learn, 'cause knowledge is power!

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle!

Latest posts

Back