trying a new blend..

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kendo

Reaction score
just got done crushing the grapes, i did 2 seperate small batch's, 3 lugs of old vine zin and a lug of pia house black mix in each tub, it smells good , brix reading 25, i never used pia brand before but there grapes were awsome very clean no lumber and not a dud in the lugs nice stuff, i also had to use lucerne old vine zin < never tried this brand, but i had no choose im very busy and had to get the wine making done, off to sleep im beat, 8 lugs destemmed and crushed by hand by myself..night night..:gn

This place is ghosttttttttttttttttttt townnnnnnnnnnnnnn....off to wine press..

Kendo what you're doing sounds good. I would ferment everything independently and let them age. When your wine is finished, do some bench trails to se which blend works best for you.

thks runningwolf, i fermented the old vine zin with the black mix, its going good right now, smells good, ferment temp was 80 today really cooking, brix was a even 20 still a ways to 0, but all is well..so far:sm

Back