Triple Berry Wine - Recipe Help!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CowboyPhil

Reaction score
Ok I was at CostCo and found this bag of frozen fruit
Berries.jpg

I looked at the ingredients only fruit, no preservatives and flash frozen.

I cannot imagine it not making a great wine. The question How much Sugar, Tannin, Peptic Enzyme and Acid Blend do I add. I would love help with this.

I have 4 lbs of fruit so I am assuming 1 gallon of wine.

Any input would be great.

Last edited:
one bag will make one gallon batch, you really should make a 3 gallon batch, this stuff is going to be really good. Not sure on how much tannin, look on the bottle it should tell you how much, powder peptic enzyme - 1 tblsp, taking a acid reading to figure out how much acid to add and take a hydrometer reading to figure out how much sugar to add, don't take it any higher than 1.080.

Hope this helps.

And, forgot, you should add some yeast nutrient and energizer, because blueberries can be stubborn.

Note: This wine was SO good and was drank SOOO fast. I will never make it in 1 gallon batches again, only 6 gallons.

I use the "triple berry treat" from Sam's club, 5 bags @ 3 lbs each, and 1 10 lb frozen strawberry make one very nice mixed berry wine. Takes a little while to clear and age a bit but it sure is good.

Phil, you really should try a batch of the Dragon Blood. There is even a version without lemon juice that I call Dragonette. And if that doesn't bore you, I also have a Red Dragon Melomel recipe made with honey!

If you like the triple berry flavor, you'll love any of them! :br

The recipe is pretty much what I used for my triple berry wine the only difference is that I add Grape Juice to it for extra body. I also oaked the wine after the primary fermentation so that I would get a nice tannin flavor. I want to make this again, but I am going to use 1/2 the berries and 1/2 white grape concentrate to make a Triple Berry Blush and something that would taste good chilled in summer. I make all my summer wines in winter and vice-versa so that I get at least 6 months of sit time. I also like extremely dry wines which is why I have never tried the dragonette or dragon blood.

Ah, I see, a dry man. To each his own. Most of my family/friends like the sweet stuff, so I make a lot of those. I like them all, so I also make some dry stuff just for me. I've got a lot of sweet wines in stock now, so I've been working on several dry reds and whites that will sit, getting very tasty, until next fall.

Latest posts

Back