Time to press my Zinfandal

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marleycat

Junior
Reaction score
I want to thank everyone for all the great info. Although we have been making wine for 10 years, seems like there is a lot we still don't know. I would really like to try adding culture to start MLF. My problem is I can't find it anywhere locally, my only choice is to order on line. I am pressing today, and putting the wine in glass carboys. Is it too late to order it and add it later this week. I either want to do it right or not at all. If I don't add it, should I add campden now. We have never added sulfates in the past, but it sounds like most of you do. How long do you wait to rack again. We are going to try to add oak chips this year. Should I wait til after the first racking? Thanks again... I have found some great web sites from all your link suggestions. Hope this is a good batch!

Here's
a link to quality wine & ale right after the yeast selections you'll see Bacchus which has been a good MLF bacteria for me. Be careful though the site might have some other things in it that you'll find useful and have to explain to the better half why you needed this or that too.

Latest posts

Back