time goes sooo slow

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

croppy

Reaction score
well, ever since i started checking this forum (as daily as possible), my time has slowed down sooo much. i wont be home for another month or two and all i want to do is get home and make me some wine. why does it seem like when you really want time to go fast it slows down and when you want it go slow it goes by to fast?

-dan-

Make some Skeeter pee and wait for it all to speed by. Then you'll realize you're behind on your racking. :)

Time goes by slow???????
You must be young!! Wait until you hit that magic 40 and everyone laughs at you with the jokes.
Then when you hit 50 and everyone shows up wearing black and has a black cake and black balloons..

Now I am faced with the fact that I can't make wine fast enough for it to age. Oh well, someone might enjoy one of my bottles that has aged other than me.

Time goes by slow???????
You must be young!! Wait until you hit that magic 40 and everyone laughs at you with the jokes.
Then when you hit 50 and everyone shows up wearing black and has a black cake and black balloons..

Now I am faced with the fact that I can't make wine fast enough for it to age. Oh well, someone might enjoy one of my bottles that has aged other than me.

Dam you make it sound like you have a death date marked on the calendar. I know I have my retirement date marked but I sure hope I make it further than that once it finally makes it here.

You want time to slow down? Mark down May 1st 2011 as your retirement day and watch the days drag. Only 252 days, 7 hrs, 33 min, 18 seconds, no, 17 seconds, no 16 seconds.....Ah, but who's counting?

Larry

Time left in the uniform
Thursday, December 23, 2010
126 days
3036 hours
182193 minutes
10931617 seconds

Actual Retirement date
Tuesday, February 1, 2011
166 days
3996 hours
239792 minutes
14387562 seconds

But like you said whos counting

This is true.

Remember being a kid and it took FOREVER for Chrismas to arrive.

Now, when Chirstmas hits, I wonder what happened to summer.

As you get older, time passes more quickly.

johnT.

As long as you are not waiting on anything it flys, but if you have something you are looking forward to or are waiting on it just creeeeeeeeeeee e e e e e e eps on by. LOL

the last months of deployments always creep by soo slow, just because of the anticipation of getting home. to make things worse we are not allowed to drink at all out here :<

Where are you deployed to??
What branch of service if in the service? I looked at your profile I see this answer ARMY

Whats the MOS, and how much time do you have in?

As you can see from the above post I have just a few days left before I retire from the service (6 years Army, 14 years 9 months Coast Guard).

Last edited:
And down on the beach the sandman sleeps

Time don't fly it bounds and leaps

:sm Storm Windows - John Prine

boys

let me tell you i am almost 70years talk about time i get up on monday morning by the time i get ready for bed its friday time goes by faster,
the older you get.
Joseph

Where are you deployed to??
What branch of service if in the service? I looked at your profile I see this answer ARMY

Whats the MOS, and how much time do you have in?

As you can see from the above post I have just a few days left before I retire from the service (6 years Army, 14 years 9 months Coast Guard).

yea army, in iraq (third tour). dont know how much time i have left in total, about three years for this enlistment, been in almost six now. 15W (yea nobody knows what it is) i fly unmanned planes. coast guard was actually my first choice for service but they wouldnt let me in (certain charges from my past)

-dan-

I Need to stop this conversation right here and say what needs to be said.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE TO OUR COUNTRY!!!!

I could not more respect for the job you guys do! For most Americans, when they go to work, noone points a gun at them.

johnT.

Back