Tim Vandergrift-Winexpert LE Kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leelanau

Reaction score
Hello all. I am a newbie still as having only produced one kit this summer/fall. BUT, I did have the opportunity last night to hear Tim Vandergrift from Winexpert introduce and explain the Limited Edition releases that are available for preorder now. He had a wonderful presentation and question/answer session(sponsored by a local shop in my area). We also sampled similar commercial style wines to the new releases paired with foods that complimented the style of wine. What a great time! I learned some new wine sampling techniques and quite a bit of other information. My experience level does not warrant purchasing a LE kit right now, but in the future I will be participating! LD Carlson also had a couple of reps there, too. We did have a surprising opportunity to see Tim verify that one of the bottles of commercial wine opened was bad and smelled like a musty basement. They put the glass of bad wine on the table for all of us to smell. Anyway, just wanted to share and this seemed like the best place to post my information. Leelanau

That must have been pretty cool. Have you thought of what wine your going to start next?

If you ever get a chance to hear Tim V you need to go. He's very interesting and entertaining speaker. Glad you got to hear him speak Leelanau

Steve, Exactly, Tim was great in Dallas!! He has so much knowledge about his product and gets it across in a very entertaining way!!!

Ramona

leelanau said:
Hello all. I am a newbie still as having only produced one kit this summer/fall. BUT, I did have the opportunity last night to hear Tim Vandergrift from Winexpert introduce and explain the Limited Edition releases that are available for preorder now. He had a wonderful presentation and question/answer session(sponsored by a local shop in my area). We also sampled similar commercial style wines to the new releases paired with foods that complimented the style of wine. What a great time! I learned some new wine sampling techniques and quite a bit of other information. My experience level does not warrant purchasing a LE kit right now, but in the future I will be participating! LD Carlson also had a couple of reps there, too. We did have a surprising opportunity to see Tim verify that one of the bottles of commercial wine opened was bad and smelled like a musty basement. They put the glass of bad wine on the table for all of us to smell. Anyway, just wanted to share and this seemed like the best place to post my information. Leelanau

Do you make kit wines? If so, you are experienced enough to make a LE kit, there really isn't any difference. You might have to rack one additional time but a kit is basically a kit no matter what the cost. If you feel this is a wine you would like, by all means order one, or the entire series and give them a shot. Don't be intimidated that they are any harder to make than a VR kit, they aren't.

Smurfe

Latest posts

Back