Mosti Mondiale Third Day Amarone...part II

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Day five! Thanks everyone! This one is still active and smells really Great! Smells like raspberries! The S.G. today is 1.042 and the temperature is 62 degrees, and room temperature is 62 also. Even though it is still being active I did place thebrewers beltaround it to bringthe temperature upsome. Not for sure if I needed too,or should have, just wanting to try and keep it the right temp. Will keep a close eye on it today, so it won't overflow!
20061223_022558_IMG_0110_Small.JPG
Edited by: jsmahoney

Man that is such a beautiful sight looking inside that bucket. It just looks like a science experiment. I love it!

This wine smells so great, as I enter the room, I can smell it.(probably because of the over flow). But, directions are to stir it daily, and the leftover on the spoon tastes good even now. This is so far the best I've done so far.

Here is the Amarone siphoned at a temperature of 77 and S.G. 1.000. Siphoned all including the sedement as instructions instructed. No leftover wine was left, must of been the overflow in the beginning.
20061224_142946_Amarone_3_Small.png

Wow, they want everything including the grape pack into the secondary huh?

I believe the raisins are supposed to be squeezed at 'racking to secondary' time, and the extracted juice added to the must in secondary.

I currently have a 'Renaissance Chianti' and a 'La Bodega Port' in secondary. Both had the 'Raisin Pack'.

You are correct Otto, in the squeezed raisins, what you see in the pictureare the two packets of wood chips that came with the kit.

Renaissance Chianti, and La Bodega Port? Hmmm! Sounds like some really nice wines you have there.

So far, I have been very favorably impressed with both of them. I'm thinking very seriously about a couple of pails in the next week or so.

Did you find that 'squeezing the raisins' was of questionable effort? I doubt that I got more than 225ml from either one. Questionable, perhaps, but great for topping or tasting.

Cheers

You are absolutely right about the squeezing of the raisins. I just thought I was weak in the wrists and gave up.
smiley36.gif

I have the Mosti Cabernet in the carboy now. Sorry, George, I bought this somewhere else back in May before you started carrying these. I had mine in a 7.9 gal fermenter and it didn't overflow and didn't look as active at your Amarone. Maybe it's the raisens? :) Regardless, I'm bulk aging and hoping to have something really special for next Christmas. Hope the Amarone is as good as it looks, as that's the next one I'm going to try, buying it from George, of course!

Please keep posting on the Mosti kits. I am getting calls about them and orders every day for them. I am going to start 3 of the Mosti's this weekend and my lovely wife has offered to help and take pictures. I am going to do the Amarone with raisins, the Port and and All Juice,just have to decide which one. I may be left with the only one not sold.

Which ones have the Grape packs as I dont see any listed, or is that something you have to add separately?
Edited by: wade

I am still trying to figure this out, but I do know that the Renaissance Amarone and Chianti's come with raisins.

I just got this from Matteo Meglioli, technical services at MM. I think now we know why it is important to stir ALL wine kits that have raisins or grape packs!

The 8 gal or 30lt fermenter it should be enough to holding the fermenting kit.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

During the first 3-5 days of fermentation is a good practice mix daily the fermenting kit to brake an avoid the recreation of the crust on top of the juice, especially if there are raisins inside. The crust on top creates an effect like a volcano and that’s the result.
What the temperature of the fermenting room and temperature of the juice?
If the temperature is too high could be another reason.

Is the first time somebody report to me something like that, please keep me inform if you have other similar complain, anyway I will start a kit this afternoon to see if it does the same!
Regards,

Matteo Meglioli.

Thanks for sharing that with us George....great info!

I will be starting my Mosti All Juice Master's Edition OUTBACK SHIRAZ MONDIALE this weekend and can't wait!
smiley20.gif

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%">
<T>
<TR>
<TD>Rich and spicy. The color is deep and dark with aromas of red berries and black fruit. Full bodied with rich velvety tannins and distinct black fruits with a lingering smoky flavor. </TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>
Serve with rich beef dishes or wild game.</TD></TR></T></TABLE>Edited by: masta

Get yourself some napkins or a bib there buddy cause when I post pictures this weekend you might need them!
smiley20.gif

Guess Im going to have to go to Red Lobster and get on of those bibs and wait in anticipation!
smiley17.gif

Back