The Party Pig

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moto-girl

Reaction score
No, it isn't my nickname. It appears to be a rather neat little set-up for someone ( ok, me ) who is thinking of making her hubby some beer, but can't bear to think of all those little bottles. Has any one used one of these, or heard anything about them. I saw them at my local Lhbs and I'm intrigued, and I like the name. Sorry, I don't have a link.

Are you going to buy 2 of them as they only hold 1/2 a typical beer batch. They look pretty cool and also sound cool but I would personally just get a corny keg as it would save you money in the long run and hold an entire batch of beer.

They are OK. A buddy of mine used to have a Party Pig setup.As Wade said, if you are going to brew a normal batch you will need 2 of them. You need an activator packet every time you use one. You might look at Tap a Draft set ups as well. I used a Party Star mini kegging system before I went with corny kegs. It worked great but was a bit pricey.

I was thinking of getting 2 of them. Right now I'm looking at alot of different options to see which will work best for us, user friendly and with out alot of initial money output. The Pig seems like a good option for us because of the mobility option; throwing in a cooler to go camping or to watch a football game ( sans Farve ). Eventually the time will come to invest in a kegerator, but one thing at a time I guess. Thanks for letting me pick your brain.
smiley1.gif

There are a minority of folks who do not find bottling to be a nuisance; I rather like it. I like the shapes of the bottles, the caps, the capping motion, the neatness of having individually-sealed little containers of beer...

Interestingly, on some forums male brewers indicate that their Dear Wives are only interested in bottling and are uninterested in the rest. I don't know why this would be a pattern but the subject pops up regularly.

(Does 'moto' mean you ride? I ride a DR650 but take a car to the LHBS as it's easier to get carboys home.
smiley17.gif
I did take the bike up to the Winemaker's Toy Store one day and strapped my loot to the rack on the back of the bike).

Yes I ride the wheels off of all the bikes I have. My husband and I have a motorcycle sickness. We keep acqiring them.
smiley1.gif
I ride a BMW F650 gs, a K100rs and a Ducati 900ss. His collection way overshadows mine, although the Duc is the sexiest bike in the garage, IMHO. I usually ride the 650 all the time, but have been waiting for a new battery that is on back order. I have also strapped lots of loot to the back, a dog, camping gear, and the occasional wine kit from the local LHBS. I love to ride and will talk motorcycles until the cows come home. I really do need to figure out this digital camera and post some pics.
As for the bottling situation, this is Wisconsin, home of brats and beer. I know how fast it can be consumed when certain 'friends' stop by. Alot of my free time will be spent bottling. I don't mind doing the bottling, I guess I see myself doing alot of it which is where the party pig or corny keg comes in. More free time for me, yeah! Now I off to rearrang the basement, wine is taking over.
smiley36.gif

Wow, I ride a lot too, and it is nice to finally find someone else who has a "Stable" of bikes! Scotty here also has a number of bikes too.

Currently I have 1 Honda CRF450X for trails, 1 Honda CRF230 for my GF in the trails, 1 Kawasaki KX250 for both trails and MX, 1 Honda CBR600RR for the track, 1 Honda CBR600 F4i for the track, 1 Yamaha YSR80 for mini-races, 1 Honda RC51 for the track, 1 Suzuki SV650S for the street, and 1 Suzuki DRZ400SM for the Street and track. I just sold the other CBR600RR for the street last week.

I totally undestand the bike addiction
smiley36.gif

I race bikes with our local club here in Vancouver, hence why I have so many for the track. Below are me on the CBR600RR. Second one is at our local track in Mission, BC, and the first one is at Pacific International Raceway just outside of Seattle.

20080720_122251_Dean_in_Seattle.jpg

20080720_122452_July1st777-2.jpg
Edited by: Dean

I used to race motocross locally and enduro with a Kaw. KDX 200 with all the fixins. Havent ridden in a long time but someday Ill get another bike or 2 and teach my son who is only 5 now. Should get a dirt/street bike to go back and forth to work and save gas.

Yeah, more bikers! I knew you guys were here somewhere. My hubby Todd is also a club racer. He races a Honda RC51 and a Suzuki Gsxz 750. Right now he is in Winnipeg on a road trip with a buddy; he took the Buell S3t. The rest of the stable consists of; KTM 950 adventure, Yamaha Fjr 1300, and a few dirt bikes that are too tall for me as well. Ah, it stinks to be short.

Hey Dean, its good to see a knee down in the corners! Great Pics, thanks for sharing.

Latest posts

Back