Cellar Craft The New LE Chateau Du Pays shipped today!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrJayman

Reaction score
Pretty jazzed about these! Both Christina and even George were excited about these.

Had previously ordered one, but after talking to them a few weeks ago, had to up it to two.

Also have two of the Marsanne rhone blend coming next month. Also sounds incredible.

Anyone else?

If I hadn't only made one of these 6 months ago.....

I did order the M-R-V Rhone blend though. Keep us posted on this bad boy!

hmm.... Sounds good after looking into it. If I had the money and a free Carboy I'd be with you, let us know how it turns out

Forgot to say I WILL be watching for the closeouts on this kit down the road (if their are any leftover.......) :e

I am waiting for mine as well.

As my wine making and GSM tasting experience is rather limited I only ordered one of these. I'm now thinking I should have upped it to two.

I do have a LE Rosso in bulk right now and judging by the taste and smell now it is going to be a great wine in a year+ I should have gotten two then.

You would think I would have learned my lesson

Out of all of the LE wines offered this year this was the wine i decided i must have....tomorrow i will go down and purchase said kit.

What makes this even better is the fact i found an old 1 hundred dollar bill buried in a wall that i ripped out to do some renovations this spring.....this kit is almost free!

Digger

They arrived about an hour ago! Had been watching the window all morning for the Fed Ex guy.

Like a couple others, have a standard CDP going and just started degassing this morning. Stole about a half shot glass full and just like Wade and many of you have said, it is showing incredible promise. I can't imagine what this LE cuvee is going to become!

Anyway, got the box open and have the must pack out to begin warming as primary is lonely. Should get this one going by tomorrow. Some info about the kit should anyone be considering snatching some out there.

Although mentionded in CC info, the 2.6 L grape pack is noticably bigger and can only hope to imagine the backbone this will provide. Have a 1.5 waiting for action in the fridge and guess the regular CDP came with a 2L, but still the volume and bulk is noticable.

Comes with 40g French oak and 100 g Hungarian cubes as well.

I should have bought 3.....

Just an update on these.....

Moved to degassing stage this evening..... SG about .991. What was amazing is how after moving to secondary, how low this kept going. I generally keep good notes in a binder (which is a disclaimer for an upcoming statement!:slp) but it was still bubbling in the upper teens daywise from onset. The wine thief accidently fell in my mouth after racking.......and this is going to be a special, velvet hammer offering based on early reports.

Sure there will be similar reports......

Back