THE FRUIT OF MY VINES

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waldo

Reaction score
IMG_5175.jpg

My hands have tilled the God given land

To bring forth fruits,

to take them in hand.

Plucked so lovingly from each vine

I'll now transform them

into bottles of wine.

They'll age gracefully as I have done

From a bitter rough youth

softened and mellowed, as slowly matured

by the evenings suns.

And as our lives are, so will they be.

At some point in time, only a memory.

by......Walter James

06/22/10

Looking good there buddy. Mt currants are close but my black berries are still small and green.

Thanks all.....Goodfela, the flavors are awesome on the Blackberries. The Blueberries are a tad tart this year for some reason

They look great, Wado. Nice words as well.

I can identify with your picture, except your blackberries look much better than mine this year. Here is Georgia they were subjected to about 20 consecutive days of 90 degree plus temps. Resulted in uneven ripening and so-soflavor. My rabbiteye blueberries are abundant and very tastly, so I won't complain. What kind of blueberries are those?

First250 said:
They look great, Wado. Nice words as well.

I can identify with your picture, except your blackberries look much better than mine this year. Here is Georgia they were subjected to about 20 consecutive days of 90 degree plus temps. Resulted in uneven ripening and so-soflavor. My rabbiteye blueberries are abundant and very tastly, so I won't complain. What kind of blueberries are those?

Getting a bumper crop of great Blackberies this year and the Blueberries are also rabbiteye variety. Or at least that is what I purchased them as 2 years ago

Back