THE CATS MEOW VINEYARD

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks all, I am keeping my hopes up and will let Mother nature take her course.
Dragonmaster if you need more Elderberries I have a zillion new ones coming up that need to be thinned out

Any signs of life yet Waldo? Half of my grapes from rrawhide are budded up (merlot) and the other half leafed out (syrah) and are about 1-2" long. Hop vines went from nothing to about 1 foot with the warm spell we've had. Need to get the strings up for those, too.

My "sticks" have come to life......They are all budding out and leafing out now. Will get some pictures tomorrow

And here they are
IMG_4883.jpg

IMG_4881.jpg

IMG_4879.jpg

IMG_4882.jpg

Wow Waldo that's great news. Here is hoping for lots of growth and a nice crop.

Bwhahahahahahahahaha...............

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xos2MnVxe-c&feature=related"]It's Alive![/ame]

Nice to see Spring somewhere!

I know my few little ole grape vines in no sense constitute a vineyard but I am as proud of them as if I had 1000 acres of em so you real vineyard owners just humor me. They continue flourishing and I can hardly wait unil I see the first grapes on them. Any advice on how to care for them now will be appreciated

IMG_5027.jpg

IMG_5029.jpg

IMG_5030.jpg

My Blackberrie are in full bloom too and getting some Blueberries as well
IMG_5025.jpg

IMG_5026.jpg

IMG_5022.jpg

IMG_5024.jpg

IMG_5023.jpg

At this point Waldo, they are looking great. Either you are trying to train them up, or they want to do it themselves. I see in that second picture the shoot is trying to go along the top of the fence and has even split to form another cordon on the other side. Keep an eye out for disease and they will be producing before you know it.

The black and blue berries are doing great.
smiley32.gif

Waldo those look great!
We are already picking blueberries and have discovered the dog is fond of them as well ........... The blackberries are close as well but mine are young so I don't expect to get much this year.

Hey Waldo...you may laugh at this but when i attach 'vineyard' to 'fulchino' i laugh a little...

your wines are disease and insect free.....

you asked for advice....no debris underneath to keep up good airflow and disease and insect pressure is a must

sun and air flow

dont ever tie a tie strap on tight it affects the desire of the cane to keep growing

let your cane or cordon run its course to get it as thick as possible for next years fruit...cutting it prematurely and allowing side shoots to grow, slows down teh cane/cordon

thats enough for now :)

now go sip some of that great wine you sent me

Waldo is getting hammered with some severe weather today. I hope he and his family weather this storm.

Let us know that you all are well good friend..................

All is well here. The storms pretty much missed us and thankfully so. The tornados were just popping up everywhere. Some were not so fortunate.

Al Fulchino said:
Hey Waldo...you may laugh at this but when i attach 'vineyard' to 'fulchino' i laugh a little...

your wines are disease and insect free.....

you asked for advice....no debris underneath to keep up good airflow and disease and insect pressure is a must

sun and air flow

dont ever tie a tie strap on tight it affects the desire of the cane to keep growing

let your cane or cordon run its course to get it as thick as possible for next years fruit...cutting it prematurely and allowing side shoots to grow, slows down teh cane/cordon

thats enough for now :)

now go sip some of that great wine you sent me

Thanks Al..appreciate the tips

Latest posts

Back