THE CATS MEOW VINEYARD

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waldo

Reaction score
Hopefully by next fall, "The Cats Meow WInery" will be making wines from the fruits of its own vineyard. The muscadines I planted this spring are doing great. I thought is was rather fitting that one of my feline buddies, "Stink" showed up for the photo shot of the vineyard.

DSCN0004-2.jpg

DSCN0005-2.jpg

The first fruit from the Blackberries I planted from cuttings this spring. This is a thornless variety called "Apache" that was developed by the University of Arkansas. The Muscadine are also a variety called Black Beauty that was developed by the University.

DSCN0002-1.jpg
Edited by: Waldo

Looking good Waldo.
smiley1.gif
Blackberries the first year - nice bonus- just a taste of what's to come. Yummm.

I must ask- what is the blue line in the vines? SOmething special or is it heavy fish line? One thing for sure, people can see it so they don't run into it.
smiley36.gif

Go Cat's Meow Winery!
smiley32.gif

Waldo,

If the blackberry vines continue to produce after they get say 5 foot tall, you should have all the berries you can handle
smiley32.gif
. I must say I have never seen a plant so small produce fruit. BRAVO
smiley4.gif

Looking really nice Waldo!
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
I'm with pk in saying I find it amazing that a berry bush that small is producing already!!! WOW

Guess I got me one of them green thumbs. Heck, after the last couple of days, my whole damned hand is green
smiley36.gif
The blue line in the vines appleman is a coated clothes line wire. I used it temporarily as support for the vines until they got established and one trunk proved itself dominant over the other. I have now added additional post for the vines, trimmed off the non dominant trunk and will now move the blue wire to the top of the poles and hopefully by this fall I will have the trunk at the top of the poles and arms running out on the wire. Will try and get some more photos maybe this evening and post them.

I went and picked more blackberies off the parents of my vines and I hope mine will turn out as well as these.

Waldo, where are those pictures you were going to post a couple weeks ago. LOL You've been having so much fun starting all those summer wines. They all look really good.
smiley32.gif

Ooppsssssss
smiley9.gif
Forgot. Will try and get some tomorrow evening...Nope..Tomorrow is my Birthday and the Love of my Life is taking me out to dinner so will get some soon and get them posted

Well Happy Birthday Waldo
smiley36.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
. What are you gonna buy with your Birthday discount?
smiley4.gif
We went out for our Anniversary July 1. First time out this year. I was horrible and had a 16 oz Prime Rib smothered in mushrooms and onions. That's what we had on our honeymoon 28 years ago- seems like last week(just a little more than yesterday). Later that evening we shared a nice Merlot I made.

Ya say it's ya Berrrrrthdaaay...

(Dummdummdidummdumm)

It's my birthday too!!!! (Tomorrow!)
smiley36.gif

Happy 16th, my friend!

M.

Ah, so Martina is a Beatles fan, or so I guess from her musical choice.

Pete

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ...MARTINA....and many more
2006-07-06_080606_balloons.gif

Gee...lots of July birthdays...I have to wait till the end of the month...
smiley17.gif
Edited by: Northern Winos

Thanks everyone.
smiley1.gif

Let's just say.... If John Lennon were still alive, and he were to ask me to run away with him, I would. I'd settle for Paul too.
smiley36.gif

Happy birthday to the both of you. Long live prosperity and happy Life'sEdited by: Angell Wine

Back