That was easy.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slingshot

Reaction score
I bottled my second kit today (VR Riesling). And I used theportuguese double lever corker for the first time. Man did they go in easy. On my first kit I used a ferrari handy corker and that took a bit of effort even with #7 corks. This time I used #8 corks and they went in with ease. Oh yeah the Riesling is yummy.

Hi Slingshot,
I have a Portuguese double lever corker also. Been looking at a floor model but the hand corker works so well I don't see any reason to invest another $100 or so when I have something that works so well. I have to wonder what the benefits would be to purchase a floor model over this hand corker. I don't see that I will be bottling more than one batch at a time and with a friend helping the hand corker keeps up with the bottle filler. Anyone have any input?
Don

Yes. My Italian floor model is a breeze to use and bottling can easily be a one person event. I'm not super coordinated especially with balancing and most of the time i will be bottling on my own so I went with the floor model and am glad i did.

Lodi,

I have a double handled corker that will insert a #9 1.75, but I get a dimple in the center. This isn't something that bothers me enough to invest in a floor corker either. Heck, I bottled over 200 bottles with the plastic single lever job. I wouldn't recommed the plastic one with the agglomerate corks; it was hard enough getting the regular cork in!

I use the double handled corker that came with my kit, and I'm pleased with it, and yes it leaves a dimple in the center. I have thought about purchasing an upgrade but not for sure which one I would like to have. I usually use the #9 1.75 corks.

Latest posts

Back