Thank you George for the Birthday Coupon!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeepbabe

Reaction score
Well since I have that $5 birthday coupon from George burning a hole in my pocket here's what I have decided on:

MM Sauvignon Blanc - Australian (On sale Wine of the Month)

Cabernet Syrah Zinfandel - California (Close-out special)
<a href="http://www.finevinewines.com/ProdDet.asp?PartNumber=VN43%20" target="_blank">
VN White Zinfandel (Blush)</a> (for quick drinking!)

Thank goodness I have a husband who brews beer and is supportive of my new hobby (obsession!) Because of space, I can only use two 6 gallon carboys so I've been busy!

Here's what we've made since March of this year!
#1 OB Banana Pineapple Viognier (drinking)
#2 OB Peach Chardonnay (drinking)
#3 OB Mango Mint Chenin Blanc (drinking)
#4 OB Black Cherry Pinot Noir (drinking)
#5 White Chocolate White Port (aging in 3 gallon carboy)
#6 CC Gruner Veltliner (secondary, bottling in two weeks)
#7 MM Viognier (secondary, bottling in two weeks)
#8 Cellar Classic Bella Bianco (Chardonnay) (in primary; planning to use the battonage technique on this wine)
#9 VN Bourg Royal White (on deck)

The bottled wine has taken over one of our rooms so my husband is going to build a large wine rack for the pantry. The rest of the wine will go in our master closet. My husband's beer is in the guest room linen closet. We don't have basements here so we have to make due with what we have. It's a good thing though...we would probably make more wine and beer if we had a basement!
smiley36.gif

Wow you have been BUSY!

I have the MM Sauv Blanc bulk aging and ready to bottle either this week or next if I can get the bottles cleaned up. I think its going to be a good one. George said if you like New Zealand Sauv Blanc you will love this one as it has all the really nice citrus notes that a NZ Sauv Blanc has.

Great job!

We would love to build a woodshop/wine and beer workshop in our
backyard...perhaps sooner if the wine takes over the house!

Sauvignon Blanc is one of my favorites. I've been reading the forums
and the MM seems to be a winner. When it went on sale I had to get it! I can't wait to hear your tasting notes Mike. I'm very excited about this kit.

Hey, got my birthday coupon also. I am deciding what I want to order. The coupon triggers that little voice inside of you that says, "You know you want it".
smiley36.gif

I have my coupon also plus the one from my first order. need to place order for something don't know what. doing some fruit wines maybe just some chemicals....

Oh darn, I called George and told him you weren't going to be needing it and you said I could have it.

My bad!
smiley2.gif

Dang you! I thought it was because I spent too much money and he figured I didn't need it. ...May your robots come alive and suck your air locks dry!

Thank God for the 4th Law of Robotics!

4) A robot may never remove or tamper with an airlock on a primary or secondary fermentation vessel!

20100630_161627_I_Robot_-_Runar.jpg

Bwhahahahahahahahahahaha......
smiley36.gif

ATTENTION MIKE PLEASE READ:

Robots<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>

Robotic systems continue to evolve, slowly penetrating many areas of our lives, from manufacturing, medicine and remote exploration to entertainment, security and personal assistance. Developers in Japan are currently building a robot called Ibsuckin to assist the wicked, to suck the liquid out of carboy air locks while remaining undetected, while NASA develops the next generation of space explorers. The 4th Law of Robotics, “A robot may never remove or tamper with an airlock on a primary or secondary fermentation vessel”, is null and void in international concerns when alcohol is involved. Below is an image of our recent robotic past, and perhaps a glimpse into the near future.

<O:p>
monkey.jpg
</O:p>
<O:p>
robotwithstraw.jpg
</O:p>

Hmmmm,

Perhaps I should remove all the batteries just in case!

runningwolf said:
ATTENTION MIKE PLEASE READ:
Robotic systems continue to evolve, slowly penetrating many areas of our lives, from manufacturing, medicine and remote exploration to entertainment, security and personal assistance. Developers in Japan are currently building a robot called Ibsuckin to assist the wicked, to suck the liquid out of carboy air locks while remaining undetected, while NASA develops the next generation of space explorers. The 4th Law of Robotics, “A robot may never remove or tamper with an airlock on a primary or secondary fermentation vessel”, is null and void in international concerns when alcohol is involved.

Just got my birthday code. I'm eyeing up the Cru Select Amarone kit...

Latest posts

Back