tasting pee

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orf

Junior
Reaction score
how long after you add sorbate,campden and sparkaloid can you "sample" your pee?

OK this is not good. Way too many people from Pennslytucky asking tasting and making PEE. LOL Orf you can taste it as you go. This is a good way to see how the wine develops going through the stages.

It'll be pretty sour until you add some sugar back in. The sugar also helps bring the flavors out.

I have been "testing" it as I go, and it is a little sour but I kinda like that. Don't think I gonna add all of the sugar recomended because it tasted so good with just a little. My ? was how long "after" stabilizing,sorbate,etc can you taste or dosen't it matter? By the way its clearing great and everyone who's tested it loves it. I new to the winemaking but shes got her hooks in me good. Thank orf

I'm sure you can taste it right away. I prefer to wait a few weeks after sorbating and sweetening before samples are given. You will add a tad of sulfite here as well so you want that do it's thing too.

Your Skeeter Pee should be drinkable soon after bottling. Just make sure you chill it well before serving. If you bottle it up with less sugar (because you like it a bit sour), you or your guests can always add a teaspoon or two of sugar at the time of serving if wanted.

Hello "neighbor" :)

Love making Skeeter Pee! It's a hit among all my family and friends! I "sample" it usually right after the final sweetening, and daily after that :)

howdy back.All my freinds love it too.Gettin ready to start one from my blueberry slurry.

Latest posts

Back