Sweetening

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Port

Reaction score
I have a 5 gallon batch of canned Vintners Harvest Cherry wine in secondary right now and after tasting it I am guessing either two cans would have been better or maybe just a 3 gallon batch, the flavor is pretty light. I am wondering what would be good to sweeten it other then sugar? I am thinking that maybe some Welch’s white or red grape concentrate? Any other suggestions? If I go with white and it already contains sulfites, dose that just mean I need to add Potassium Sorbate and skip the Campden?<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
Also, about how many cans will it take to take it from dry (.992) to a medium sweet (1.000ish)?

Big Port,

I think Old Orchard has an apple/cherry blend if you want to stay more true to the fruit you have already. I'd start with one can and take a reading and go from there. I'm betting two will do it though. I don't think there is the amount of sulfites that the white grape has so you could have to add some.

Big Port,

My last Cherry wine I sweetened with a 68 brix pure cherry concentrate. Here is the web site: http://www.brownwoodacres.com/

The wine turned out great, but the concentrate did cloud the wine up quite a bit. I've got 3 gallons of cherry that I will sweeten with this again and try some fining agents to clear it.

Latest posts

Back