Suggestion

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uavwmn

Reaction score
Being a newbie, the last 2 wines I have made I bottled as the directions stated.
I have a Cab Shiraz that will be ready for bottling next week. I really want to have this one as gifts maybe for Thanksgiving next year. I have been pretty good so far as to not open the White Zin or the Mezza Luna.

I am struggling with bulk aging or bottling right away. Help?

I have been reading threads on the Amaronne and would like to start one of these. In anyones opinion, which high end kit would be better?

If you have a storage area with stable temps then it doesn't make much difference whether you age in bottles or bulk. If the temp in your storage area fluctuates a lot, then bulk ageing is better, because 6 gallons of wine will react to temp changes more slowly than 750 ml will.

For Thanksgiving gifts I would bottle no later than July to be sure that the wine has recovered from "bottling shock."

I must say that the Mosti Renaissance Amarone is a very good value. It is a very complete and easy to follow kit. Plenty of oak and the juice is just wonderful. I have one going now that I am attempting to make into a port and after opening the box, I really hated to tweak it into the port because it was so great as it was. Even after dilution the SG was 1.100 and very viscous. It also includes Red Raisins that taste very much like a muscat raisin.
I also have an Amarone from Mosti as frozen Must from this fall, but it isn't available right now.

If you haven't seen the post, here is a link so you can see some pictures.
http://www.finevinewines.com//Wiz/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4787&PN=1

I too have the Renaissance now aging, was so initially impressed I ordered the Meglioli. Don't think you could go wrong with either one. Would be interesting to compare to the All Juice, and the Winexpert Selection International, tend to think they would all be high quality.

Latest posts

Back