Strange...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It just made me sick, I'll stick with just drying them and making pasta they are good with garlic, but then isnt anything

tried it this year kept molding fermenting fungi wasnt as easy as I thought

Hmmm... maybe boil the 'shrooms in a small amount of water and add strained water to your wine must? Simpler just to put them on a pizza... so I hear... heard.
HB

Hmmm... maybe boil the 'shrooms in a small amount of water and add strained water to your wine must? Simpler just to put them on a pizza... so I hear... heard.
HB

Don't do this... it will confuse the hell out of your yeast and they'll never be able to make your wine.
HB

boiling silly mushroom destroyes the "GOOD" part. they are as good on pizza as pasta anything and garlic, except kissing some one

boiling silly mushroom destroyes the "GOOD" part. they are as good on pizza as pasta anything and garlic, except kissing some one

mmm.... depends on the type of mushroom, I guess... in the late 60's and early 70's we made some pretty fair mushroom tea... don't remember much about what happened after I drank the tea, but it must have been pretty good.
HB

About the kissing... my rule is don't worry about the garlic and onions as long as your date, partner, wife, etc. is eating the same thing you are.
HB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbilly Bill
HB

Don't do this... it will confuse the hell out of your yeast and they'll never be able to make your wine.
HB
HB must have found some really good 'shrooms already. This is the first time, anywhere, I've ever seem someone quote and reply to themselves. :)

mmm.... depends on the type of mushroom, I guess... in the late 60's and early 70's we made some pretty fair mushroom tea... don't remember much about what happened after I drank the tea, but it must have been pretty good.
HB
That is done by steeping not boiling and you still loss potency with heat. eating fresh is best buzz but that gags most people without practice

That is done by steeping not boiling and you still loss potency with heat. eating fresh is best buzz but that gags most people without practice

Ahhh............ brings back memories (of loss of memories).

Thats because we live in Mushroom capital of world here in Washington and BC.It a shame they dont grow on your side of Mountains....I picked about 50 pounds this year and dried them. I am going to try rinsing dried shrooms in Sulfate solution and letting dry in clean room then try adding them to one of those cheap kits costco sells(like oaking LOLOL) I figured 4 shooms are a good buzz, 5 glasses per bottle = 20 caps per bottle, 5 bottles per gallon =100 caps per gallon times 5 gallons is 500 caps+ 10% equals 550 caps in the batch. Ha my first recipe

Latest posts

Back