Storm Delay

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

derunner

Reaction score
Anyone else wanting to start some wine, but holding of until this storm goes through? I want to start a couple wines, but need the brew belts to keep them warm. With the snow/ice coming tomorrow, I decided to wait until Friday in case we lose power.

Yes sir. The older I get the more stressed out I seem to get over these big storms. I use snow blowers and shovels to do the removal from my 700' driveway, stairs, pathways etc. Loosing power, especially with freezing temps, is also a big concern. I'm beginning to see why so many of us older folks move to warmer climes or become "snow birds".
smilie.gif

Here is what I did during the storm...

Thats 31 bottles of Valpolicella. 180 day extended kit directions.

See...the ribbed carboys are more than 6 gallons!

Bottling.jpg

Not me. Planned to B snowed in. I'm a newbie and most of what I have done is from frozen concentrate. Picked up 15 cans of Old Orchard apple/strawberry/kiwi to do a 5 gal batch today. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

14 inches of snow here. All dug out, but more coming tonight. Ice did not accumulate so hopefully power will stay on and I'll start some wine tomorrow.

Just finished snow blowing about 8" here and for my neighbor who has a prosthetic leg and his driveway is about a 45* angle!!! He sometimes shovels it himself but if Im home and can beat him to it I do it for him. The town has no sympathy at all and it seems he gets the brunt of the plowed snow right in front of his driveway as its right across from my road so the plow from our road pushes it around the corner and then the plow coming down the road just swipes it right at him! I swear they nail my sidewalk and his driveway harder on purpose!

We're having a Great winter. I'm going ice fishing tomorrow, I just hope that my auger can get thru- we have close to 30" of ice on the lake! Finally, my wife agrees that it is safe to go on!!

I fixed the clutch cable on my snoblower, plowed the driveway (12+ inches), fed my two boys lunch (wife is a nurse and working a 24); then, cleaned my big primary and started a batch of DangerDave's Dragon's Blood. Knock on the front door was UPS man delivering my brand new Portuguese Floor Corker (whoopee!). All in all, for a stormy day this nor'easter has turned out pretty darn good!

Latest posts

Back